2.1.2 savegame compatibility: new release for Android?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

fibrizo.raziel

2.1.2 savegame compatibility: new release for Android?

Post by fibrizo.raziel »

Since the new and wonderful version, ScummVM 2.1.2 «Fixing Powerful Windows», has been released, I have not been able to share my savegames between my Android systems and PC. I know that newer versions of ScummVM have also sometimes broken compatibility with older ScummVM savegames, that is why I was wondering: :?:

Is a new release for Android coming up in the near future? I really love ScummVM 2.1.2 and cloud sync :) I could stick to PC during these troubled times, but I will eventually go back to Android and I would like to avoid having to start the game again... :cry:
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: 2.1.2 savegame compatibility: new release for Android?

Post by Praetorian »

fibrizo.raziel wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:34 pm Since the new and wonderful version, ScummVM 2.1.2 «Fixing Powerful Windows», has been released, I have not been able to share my savegames between my Android systems and PC. I know that newer versions of ScummVM have also sometimes broken compatibility with older ScummVM savegames, that is why I was wondering: :?:

Is a new release for Android coming up in the near future? I really love ScummVM 2.1.2 and cloud sync :) I could stick to PC during these troubled times, but I will eventually go back to Android and I would like to avoid having to start the game again... :cry:
Please provide more specific information.
What version of ScummVM are you running on your Android devices?
Did you copy the save game files to your Android save game path and they were not detected?
fibrizo.raziel

Post by fibrizo.raziel »

Thank you very much for your quick answer. :)

Android ScummVM version: 2.0.0 (Jan 1 2018 17:22:22) It seems to be the last available release on Google Play Store.
Windows ScummVM version: 2.1.2 (Mar 31 2020 00:38:13)

I used to implement my own cloud sync using Dropbox + Dropsync and there was no problem opening savegames in cross-platform.
Since I updated Windows ScummVM to 2.1.2, the savegames generated in Windows and copied to my Android device show a black thumbnail and fail to load, booting the game from scratch. On the other hand, savegames generated in Android are successfully loaded on Windows.

Please, don´t hesitate to ask me for further information if needed.
Thank you again. I really appreciate your help. :)
fibrizo.raziel

Post by fibrizo.raziel »

Ok, so after reading your questions and digging into this issue, I realized that there is a 2.1.1 apk for ARMv7 (my device is a Samsung Note 10 2014) in the downloads directory.
Installation went successfully I am really glad to be able to cloud sync also in Android. My only concern now is that I am not able to browse any directory to load a game from neither download from cloud to a directory. For some reason, the browser is empty.
I will keep on digging and let you know as soon as I learn something new. :D
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

fibrizo.raziel wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:43 pm My only concern now is that I am not able to browse any directory to load a game from neither download from cloud to a directory. For some reason, the browser is empty.
This sounds like this known issue. The workaround proposed there is to type "/" on the file path in the "Add Game..." screen and press enter.
fibrizo.raziel

Post by fibrizo.raziel »

It worked!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Now, not only shared savegames are working, I have also cloud sync on my Android device and everything seems to run faster and smoother. Amazing!! :mrgreen:
I only miss the settings menu that used to be available at the top of the screen right after booting the app, but it's not a great deal if it's still available I will figure it out...
Thank you very much!