Are there plans to expand the list of compatable games?/ LBA

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Looking into the situation a bit more, it seems Legacy of Time doesn't use Sprint after all. It might be like a precursor to the engine though. However, it seems most of the game is hardcoded.
alexfont

Post by alexfont »

While adding an engine, are you going to supporte game modifications or only thinking about playing the original game?!

I'm asking because for LBA, will be best keeping the idea of modifications. What we are doing with Prequengine.
ezekiel000

Post by ezekiel000 »

I guess that wouldn't be too different from being able to run fan games in ScummVM for the AGI engine.

The only modifications you were making to the LBA engine for prequengine are compression for audio and video right?
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

alexfont wrote:While adding an engine, are you going to supporte game modifications or only thinking about playing the original game?!

I'm asking because for LBA, will be best keeping the idea of modifications. What we are doing with Prequengine.
With ScummVM, the project ResidualVM split from, support was added for fanmade games with the AGI engine. (I just realised this was said above. :oops:)

If the engine made supports fanmade modifications, as far as I understand, they can be added.

It's good to see you are considering adding support for LBA. :D
alexfont

Post by alexfont »

Ezekiel000 wrote:The only modifications you were making to the LBA engine for prequengine are compression for audio and video right?
Mostly yes, but we could also adapt particulary fileformats for our needs. Ofcourse, our main goal was always to suporte the original engine without modifications.

I'm thinking about this because, apart from Prequel project (who may need it or not in the near future) other same-like projects that exist will also use such engine. Still, I got to contact team members to see their opinions about it.
Freddo

Post by Freddo »

Ezekiel000 wrote:The best other candidate would be Discworld Noir.
Excellent, that's the game I would like to see the most :)
ezekiel000

Post by ezekiel000 »

There is a wip engine for noir here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/tinselnoir/