ResidualVM Homepage Graphic Error

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

majmuns

ResidualVM Homepage Graphic Error

Post by majmuns »

Firstly, great job on the new site guys. Funnily enough I was looking at the sub-projects section on Scummvm, only to find ResidualVM had it's own site!

Just wanted to point out that the ResidualVM title graphic on the homepage, is getting slightly stuck behind the screen shots window. Just in case you hadn't spotted it.

I'm running at 1650 x 1080, so I don't think it's a resolution (graphics getting bunched up) problem.

Anyways, again congrats on a job well done :)
garrythefish

Post by garrythefish »

ahoy there! (into the new monkey island at the moment :P)

welcome to the residual project forum! :)

first of all, i heartly agree with you. the forum and new site alterations really do look great, and all thanks to aquadran and salty-horse. congrats guys :D

as for the bug you've encountered, it would be quite crucial to know the browser and version, and system you are using. This might give us an idea what is wrong.

Hope you enjoy using ResidualVM, and you may ask any other question about all sorts of related things, here in the forum or in our IRC channel. ¡Viva la revolución! :wink:
majmuns

Post by majmuns »

You can never have too much Monkey Island!

Right to get down to the nitty gritty:

Browser - Firefox v3.0.11 (I've also tried this on IE8 v 8.0.6001 and the same happens)

System - Windows Vista Business x64 SP1

By the way the resolution was at 1680 x 1050

I hope that helps :)
ezekiel000

Post by ezekiel000 »

Looks fine here:
Browser - Firefox 3.0.11
System - Ubuntu 9.04 amd64
Resolution - 1280 x 1024
majmuns

Post by majmuns »

Must just be me then :?

Do you want me to post up a screen shot?
garrythefish

Post by garrythefish »

Well, i made screenshot before my monitor actually almost died of a pre-mature death (on 1600x1200):

there is an odd displacement of the screenshot ballon covering the logo. do you have a similar problem?

if not, please upload a screenshot of your problem.

thank you. :)
Last edited by Guest on Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
majmuns

Post by majmuns »

That's the exact problem I was seeing.

The ResidualVM graphic on my monitor is slightly more down into the "Screenshots" slide show box than shown in your screen shot, but only my the slightest of margins. And definitely too similar to the above screen shot to warrant uploading another one.

I mean when creating the thread I was unsure if this was an 'error', but checking on the Scummvm website, I thought the position maybe a little off (to the way you wanted it to appear) so I just thought I'd let you know :)
ezekiel000

Post by ezekiel000 »

I think that would happen because the height of that section is based on the What is residual box and if your screen is too wide the box will be smaller as less text wrapping is needed to contain all the text. And the screenshot box is aligned to the bottom of the what is residual box meaning it overlaps the logo rather than the news sections.

Pure speculation am I right, do I win a prize :D
aquadran
ScummVM Developer

Post by aquadran »

Ezekiel000 wrote:I think that would happen because the height of that section is based on the What is residual box and if your screen is too wide the box will be smaller as less text wrapping is needed to contain all the text. And the screenshot box is aligned to the bottom of the what is residual box meaning it overlaps the logo rather than the news sections.

Pure speculation am I right, do I win a prize :D
It's exactly what happen. Solution is add some limit in web code or add more text in the topic :)