HOW can i start grim fandango in residual

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

cauciuc

HOW can i start grim fandango in residual

Post by cauciuc »

Hy, I`m new here, and I cant figure it out HOW can i start grim fandango in residual. If can anyone help me with the steps for starting this game. Please.. and sry for my english.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

1) Start ResidualVM
2) Add Game (on the right hand side when using the modern theme, on the bottom when using the classic theme)
2a) Point your path to where the game "data" of Grim Fandango resides and a new entry "Grim Fandango" should be created on clicking OK
3) Double Click "Grim Fandango"
cauciuc

Post by cauciuc »

thank you for reply. I`ve done that, and when i click START, ResidualVM just close, and nothing happen. Any ideas.. please..
MeddlingMonk

Post by MeddlingMonk »

Let's see your residual.ini file.

And are you certain that you've got all the required game files from a patched install?
cauciuc

Post by cauciuc »

[residual]
lastselectedgame=grim-win
browser_lastpath=E:\Games\Grim Fandango\
versioninfo=0.0.7git

[grim-win]
platform=windows
gameid=grim
description=Grim Fandango (Windows/English)
language=en
path=E:\Games\Grim Fandango\
guioptions=sndNoMIDI lang_English

These are my residual.ini settings.

And I`m sure that I have all requied game files+ patch. (fresh Install)
MeddlingMonk

Post by MeddlingMonk »

So, is E: a hard drive? I'll assume that it is. I'm sure you'll correct me if it isn't.

Try this. Under [grim-win] add these two lines somewhere:

soft_renderer=true
fullscreen=false

And download and install the latest build in case that's not something you're doing already.
somaen
ScummVM Developer

Post by somaen »

cauciuc wrote:[residual]And I`m sure that I have all requied game files+ patch. (fresh Install)
You DID remember to copy the LAB-files from both CDs into that folder right? (A normal install doesn't do that, unless you use the 3rd party launcher.)
cauciuc

Post by cauciuc »

einarj wrote:
cauciuc wrote:[residual]And I`m sure that I have all requied game files+ patch. (fresh Install)
You DID remember to copy the LAB-files from both CDs into that folder right? (A normal install doesn't do that, unless you use the 3rd party launcher.)
God.. I`m such a noob, I didn`t use a 3rd party launcher, I only Installed the game by using the original launcher. Now the game is working fine. Thank you very much all of you for helping me !
smartstart

Post by smartstart »

I have problems with Grim fandango on on WinXP. Can you please redirect me to the necessary topic? Since i believe it has been already discussed.
JohnnyWalker2001

Post by JohnnyWalker2001 »

smartstart wrote:I have problems with Grim fandango on on WinXP. Can you please redirect me to the necessary topic? Since i believe it has been already discussed.
Just download ResidualVM and use that to play Grim Fandango.