Annoying cursor

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Rapp Scallion

Annoying cursor

Post by Rapp Scallion »

Hi! Thanks to ResidualVM, I can finally play Grim Fandango on my media pc :D Unfortunately it doesn't have a mouse, and the cursor stays on screen when I start the game. Is there any way to get rid of this little annoyance?
MeddlingMonk

Post by MeddlingMonk »

It probably will be, eventually. In the meantime, there's nothing stopping you from moving the cursor to an unobtrusive spot.
Rapp Scallion

Post by Rapp Scallion »

Well, nothing other than the media center not having a mouse connected, and no extra computer to borrow one from (use a laptop with touchpad as my main computer). So the cursor stays where it is... But thanks anyway! Just wanted to see if there was any quick solution. I've tried starting grim without going through the gui too, to see if that would work, but can't seem to get the syntax right. What would the correct syntax for residual be if I have the game saved in, like, E:/Games/Grim/ ?
wizzel

Post by wizzel »

You could make a batch file (.bat) if you are running ResidualVM Win32 build:
ResidualVM.exe -c ResidualVM.ini -f grim-win

This would run the (English) version of the game in fullscreen, directly without going into the GUI using a .ini
in the same path.

The default path for the ResidualVM.ini under Windows Vista/7 is:
\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\ResidualVM\residual.ini
as stated in the Readme.txt.

However there seems to be no commandline-switch to load the last saved game,
but you can set it if you lauch ResidualVM with it's GUI. There you can change the "last_save" setting.

For details read the Readme.txt coming with ResidualVM.