Change CD/ISO (German Version)

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Creedy

Change CD/ISO (German Version)

Post by Creedy »

Hi there,

1. thanks a lot for this, I've been waiting SOOO long to play this game again, it's one of the best adventures out there.

2. I've got a big problem: I own the German version of the game and I have the same issue as all other Germans with their version: I can't copy the files to my harddrive and start the game from there (copy portection, file size, CRC error). But what worked was: Inserting CD A and start the game using ResidualVM from the CD. Game runs perfectly and I finished it until the end of year 1 (Rubacava), but now the game asks me to insert Disc B and if I do so and hit Enter, nothing happens.. it seams like ResidualVM don't detect that I inserted a new disc. I tried to start the game with Disc B inserted, but that doesn't work either.

Any ideas? Thanks a lot!
I'm also in for any other ideas how to run the German version. There was a answer using a hex editor, but I didn't quite understood that ;)
somaen
ScummVM Developer

Post by somaen »

Post a bug on it.
MeddlingMonk

Post by MeddlingMonk »

But he's not describing a bug with ResidualVM. He's talking about copying the required files from the CDs to the hard drive, and it's a copy-protection thing.

There was a forum topic on this a while back. Here it is. Hope that helps.
somaen
ScummVM Developer

Post by somaen »

I wasnt clear enough it seems, I wanted him to post a bug on the CD-swapping issue, which _is_ a bug, or rather, a missing feature.
MeddlingMonk

Post by MeddlingMonk »

Ah. Well, that's good, too. 8)