Damn Beavers

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

apennismightier

Damn Beavers

Post by apennismightier »

So I'm at the beaver dam and I'm throwing bones in the water (oil) and taking out my fire extinguisher and activating it right when they scream. The beaver jumps in, the animation to show they're extinguished doesn't pop up, but I assume that's just a bug.

I've done this over and over and over and they KEEP coming! WTF!?

Also, when I'm about to throw the bone, Manny looks EVERYWHERE but at the damn water that's in front of him. I've noticed a TON of focus issues as well. I don't ever remember the game being that horribly bad with trying to focus on things based on how you position him. Is that a ResidualVM bug?

I have to walk back and forth and to the side to get Manny to refocus on the water to throw another bone in. For some reason, the beavers won't stop coming though.

Help?
somaen
ScummVM Developer

Post by somaen »

Platform, language and residual-revision?
Larrin

Post by Larrin »

I'm having the same two issues: I have to walk by things several times to get Manny to look at the right object, and I don't seem to be able to complete the beavers puzzle. I use the extinguisher but they just fall in and nothing happens. I'm using 0.0.7git on Windows 7 64-bit and the language is English. I don't remember if it was possible from the last time I played but I can't extinguish the beavers while they're on the dam either.
Larrin

Post by Larrin »

I also agree that the problem might be related to Manny not looking at the tar when the fire extinguisher is started. I've tried to run/turn to get him to look at it first but it doesn't seem to be possible before the beaver jumps in. So it might be a problem related to the difficulty in looking at the right object.

Is it an easy fix where I have the wrong settings on or do I have to start a bug report on GitHub?
somaen
ScummVM Developer

Post by somaen »

The latter I'm afraid, but do include the full version-spec, including the stuff after "git".
giucam

Post by giucam »

There was a regression indeed, fixed with 91481a3
Larrin

Post by Larrin »

giucam wrote:There was a regression indeed, fixed with 91481a3
I'm sorry but I don't know what that means.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

It's the number of the bugfix commit, it means you can download and install tomorrow's daily build, and it should work again.
Larrin

Post by Larrin »

It works! Thanks for the quick fix.