Crashes in year 3

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Sethman

Crashes in year 3

Post by Sethman »

When I copied the grimdata files over to my mac it failed to complete all of the files (I'm assuming because of a scratch on the disc?) It works for the most part but in the Cafe' there is no sound from the piano when Glottis or Manny play it. Also it crashes in year 3 during various cutscenes. So my question is does the patch fix that? (meaning the uncompleted files)
giucam

Post by giucam »

No, the patch fixes some bugs in the scripts and addes movies subtitles. There is no way to fix your problem if it's caused by missing data, apart getting another disc.
JohnnyWalker2001

Re: Crashes in year 3

Post by JohnnyWalker2001 »

Sethman wrote:When I copied the grimdata files over to my mac it failed to complete all of the files (I'm assuming because of a scratch on the disc?) It works for the most part but in the Cafe' there is no sound from the piano when Glottis or Manny play it. Also it crashes in year 3 during various cutscenes. So my question is does the patch fix that? (meaning the uncompleted files)
If it's possible to get the data from the disk, this program will do it: http://www.isobuster.com/

(Make sure you've cleaned the CD thoroughly, too: Use a lint free cloth and some water and clean in STRAIGHT LINES from the CENTER to the OUTSIDE EDGE -- do not move the cloth in circles!)
Sethman

Post by Sethman »

Alright. Thanks for the info.

Also...Hobbes is my hero.
Sethman

Post by Sethman »

This program doesn't work on a mac, does it?
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

Sethman wrote:This program doesn't work on a mac, does it?
Edit: Nevermind, misread the post.

If you do need a new disc, I'd suggest Amazon.