Testing: Grim Fandango

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

slx

Post by slx »

George22 wrote:
slx wrote:I can't try it now, it doesn't start again! :(
Try to reinstall the ResidualVM. Also you could try to go back with Windows system restore utility if you have restore point before the ATI driver installation.
Thanks, I'll do!
George22

Post by George22 »

slx wrote:Thanks, I'll do!
Plus you can also try to switch rendering in ResidualVM launcher (edit game - graphic - software rendering checkbox). And window/fullscreen mode.
slx

Post by slx »

I restarted the computer and I could run the ResidualVM and I turned off the numeric keys and it works fine!
George22

Post by George22 »

slx wrote:I restarted the computer...
Well, how could I forget to mention the universal solution for all Windows problems. :D
slx

Post by slx »

George22 wrote:
slx wrote:I restarted the computer...
Well, how could I forget to mention the universal solution for all Windows problems. :D
Yeah, the basic problem solving solution for Windows... :D
slx

Post by slx »

what is the new in the
Win32 (build from repository, 2005K Win32 exe file, last update: March 13, 2012, 2:42 am)
version?
Where can I read about this information on the ResidualVM site?
aquadran
ScummVM Developer

Post by aquadran »

slx wrote:what is the new in the
Win32 (build from repository, 2005K Win32 exe file, last update: March 13, 2012, 2:42 am)
version?
we don't provide changelist for users yet, however for developer point of view you can find changes of source code here: https://github.com/residualvm/residualvm/commits/master
slx

Post by slx »

aquadran wrote:
slx wrote:what is the new in the
version?
we don't provide changelist for users yet, however for developer point of view you can find changes of source code here: https://github.com/residualvm/residualvm/commits/master
Thanks!

Edit:
The Win32 (build from repository, 1785K Win32 exe file, last update: March 21, 2012, 11:49 pm) version doesn't see the saved games!

Edit2:
Sorry, it sees them but doesn't show their saved names only writes 'Saved Game' only and doesn't loads any of them.
giucam

Post by giucam »

That's because the save game format changed. I'm sorry, but you either use the old build or you leave without them.
slx

Post by slx »

giucam wrote:That's because the save game format changed. I'm sorry, but you either use the old build or you leave without them.
Thanks the answer and the help!
I've installed an older version to continue... :(
I think an information about the changes would be good but I know this is more work would be... and I understand this!!!
slx

Post by slx »

is there any way to download the residualvm in a compressed file without installer?
aquadran
ScummVM Developer

Post by aquadran »

slx wrote:is there any way to download the residualvm in a compressed file without installer?
that depends on Kirben if he willing do that for win32 daily build.
slx

Post by slx »

aquadran wrote:
slx wrote:is there any way to download the residualvm in a compressed file without installer?
that depends on Kirben if he willing do that for win32 daily build.
Thanks the info!
Kirben

Post by Kirben »

No, I have no plans to add Windows snapshots via compressed archives too.

innounp can be used to manually unpack the Windows installer, if you don't want to install it.
slx

Post by slx »

Kirben wrote:No, I have no plans to add Windows snapshots via compressed archives too.

innounp can be used to manually unpack the Windows installer, if you don't want to install it.
Alight! Thanks the help!