problem while adding a game

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

macacom

problem while adding a game

Post by macacom »

Hey guys!
I'm having big problems to add the game on residual.

First: I'm not a first timer on using this program or even ScummVM.

Second: I've never had trouble to add game on Scumm or Residual, but now it's becoming impossible.

I've done the "normal" routine to add the game, but I'm getting the message "can't find any game on that folder"(something like that).

I first though I missed a step, but since I'm used to using these programs I can't find what is happening.

have any of you faced the same problem? Could it be my operational system? or something new that I'm missing

PS* I'm using XP SP3 and from what i've read i'm doing everything right, so there would be no reason for the game not working

PS2* i'm trying to add Grim Fandango.

thanks!
YakBizzarro

Post by YakBizzarro »

Which is the language of your version of Grim fandango? Could you post a list of the files and their md5 sum?
macacom

Post by macacom »

SOrry for the lateness of my reply...

My GRIM FANGANDO is on portuguese language

Disc 1:
CHORE.DLL
CREDITS.LAB
DATA000.LAB
DATA0001.LAB
DATA003.LAB
GRIM.TAB
GrimFandango
HMIFXFP.DLL
HMIFXLIB.DLL
HMILIBS
IMUSE.DLL
IMUSE.PSL
LOCAL.LAB
LUA.DLL
MOVIE00.LAB
MOVIE01.LAB
MOVIE03.LAB
NULLMUSE.DLL
VOX0000.LAB
VOX0001.LAB
VOX0003.LAB
YEAR0MUS.LAB
YEAR1MUS.LAB
YEAR3MUS.LAB

Disc 2:
CREDITS.LAB
DATA002.LAB
DATA004.LAB
MOVIE02.LAB
MOVIE04.LAB
VOX0000.LAB
VOX0002.LAB
VOX0004.LAB
YEAR0MUS.LAB
YEAR2MUS.LAB
YEAR4MUS.LAB
scoriae

Post by scoriae »

I am having the exact same issue with the Portuguese version. Currently my post is right below this one.

My md5 on the grim.tab is:
18286D7B8FB5990011D9CE29F9DCE261
somaen
ScummVM Developer

Post by somaen »

IIRC, grim.tab is rather uninteresting, we detect on VOX0001.LAB now afaik.

But, macacom: That's just the filenames, we also need the md5's.

Do you have the patch gfupd101.exe placed in the Grim-directory?
macacom

Post by macacom »

Yes I have the patch inside the folder
And i don't know where to find this md5's... that's new for me : /
Nitrus

Post by Nitrus »

If you're on Windows, you can find the MD5 using this method, although there might be an easier one:

-Download md5deep from here, or through this direct link.

-Run it through cmd (if you're on a 64bit system, run md5deep64.exe), using this command:
md5deep.exe -p 5000 [PATHNAME_TO_VOX0001_GOES_HERE] | find /i "offset 0-"

...where you need to put the filename's path into the [PATHNAME_TO_VOX0001_GOES_HERE] section (without the brackets).

^This will print the MD5 into your command prompt, or if you want you can run it like this:
md5deep.exe -p 5000 [PATHNAME_TO_VOX0001_GOES_HERE] | find /i "offset 0-" > md5.txt
...and it will print to a txt file. Just be careful from where you launch the cmd's command, because by default it will go to C:\Users\Your_Username, or maybe C:\Documents and Settings on XP, can't remember correctly.

P.S.: @somaen, the md5 for the Portuguese version (patched) is commented out in the 0.1.0-preab07eb2 version. And it's quite different from what scoriae supplied in the other thread.
EDIT: Sorry, the commented one is for grim.tab, which is still different from the one in this thread. Otherwise it's checking on the VOX. Other Portuguese versions are non-existant.
macacom

Post by macacom »

So the portuguese version won't work?? Abd if I try to play the English version, than it might work ok? I'm kind confused now... but thanks for all your help
Nitrus

Post by Nitrus »

The English version is already supported.

The Portuguese version probably won't work until ResidualVM's developer team adds its MD5, and I think it would help them a lot if you supplied the MD5 using the steps I mentioned above, since I don't know if they have or if anybody can obtain a copy of the Portuguese version of the game in this day and age.

The sooner you supply the MD5, (if it differs from the one from scoriae), the sooner they can verify and implement it in ResidualVM's source.

On another note, you could add it and compile the source for yourself.
macacom

Post by macacom »

Ohh i see.

I'll try my best to make it work. I'm new on using MD5, so it might take me sometime to figure out how it works.

I'll let you know if it works
Nitrus

Post by Nitrus »

It would be great too if you could provide a MD5 from before you install the patch, and from after you install the patch.

EDIT: No need for this, as somaen pointed out below.
Last edited by Guest on Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
somaen
ScummVM Developer

Post by somaen »

Nitrus: The patch need not be installed at all, just put in the folder, as ResidualVM reads the changed files straight from gfupd101.exe. This way no files are changed by adding it. If you DO install the patch by running it though, that will replace a few files (but not VOX0001.LAB), thus making those MD5s useless.

Oh, and the patch is the same for any language version of the game.
Nitrus

Post by Nitrus »

I know that the patch is for all versions, but I didn't know that it was read directly from gfupd101.exe. That's really convenient :)
scoriae

Post by scoriae »

so no need to post my md5's....? I'm not sure I understand why my post regarding this was ignored..... even though I know how to use md5, you guys insist on trying to ask for them from someone who has to figure it out from scratch.
Nitrus

Post by Nitrus »

Your MD5 is needed, no matter if it was before or after the patch.

Just post the thing.