Testing: Grim Fandango

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

somaen
ScummVM Developer

Post by somaen »

Thanks to all those that have tested, it's greatly appreciated. I'll have to note that if at all possible, please post the bugs to our github-issues tracker too, as it's easier for us to do followup afterwards then.

(No worries though, I'll go through this list and check it against the bug tracker when I find some time, but if you have some time, it would be even more appreciated if you could post your bugs to the tracker as well).

https://github.com/residualvm/residualvm/issues/

Still, if you don't want to create a github-account, it's ok to test and post here for now.
chad

Post by chad »

Just completed the game using 0.1.0pre on my MacBook Pro running 10.6. I ran into a few graphical glitches, but they were already posted on the bug tracker. Otherwise, it ran pretty well. It often crashed when entering or exiting full screen, but besides that it only crashed once or twice on me during the duration of the game. I'm really impressed by how well the game played. I can't imagine the effort necessary to make it all work.

Thank you to everyone involved in the project, I really appreciate it.
ultraneonoirantihero

Post by ultraneonoirantihero »

I've just uninstalled my 0.0.7 Residual and installed 0.1.0 ResidualVM for bug-free GF playthrough. I've reached Year 2 and so far I ran into few graphical bugs:

1. Domino's office has a vertical black bar on the left

2. Server room has a small black square in bottom-right

3. The big doors of the DOD sometimes reset their animation wrong: when Many goes out the doors are closed when they should be opened, but a second later they do a "closing" animation.

4. The "pigeon wings flapping" sound is sometimes heard in a loop constantly on the ledge near the Salvador's office. The sound resets when you re-enter the screen.

5. Mercedes's line "I failed you Many" is spoken when Many leaves the room, in the hallway.

6. The Coral statue has a white shadow when pulled out of the desk.

7. Salvador sometimes sits in the corner but his legs do a walk-cycle.

8. Bones in Petrified forest are black in inventory but are white when thrown.

I don't remember these things being in a "regular" game
ezekiel000

Post by ezekiel000 »

3, 4 and 6 I'm pretty sure happened in the original grim.
gdmather

Glitch on the crane scene at the end of the world

Post by gdmather »

I hope it is OK to post this here.
I have managed to get the game working without problems till I got to "The end of the world". When I get to the top of the conveyor belt to the crane scene, I go to the left to go up the stairs, but I get caught in the rails and I need to reset. Is there a way around this at all? very frustrating as I have gotten this far and cannot go further.

Thanks in advance.
somaen
ScummVM Developer

Post by somaen »

Indeed, the rails are really hard, but doable, just keep walking right to left while pressing "up", and you should eventually reach the top.
somaen
ScummVM Developer

Post by somaen »

Actually, if you hit the exactly correct spot on the ground in the first place (or USE the stairs) you should be able to get up without having to bother with the "one step at a time-approach.