Myst 3 Exile russian version support

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Sho

Myst 3 Exile russian version support

Post by Sho »

Hello,

First I would like to thank the developpers for this useful program.

Next, I am trying to add at least detection support for the Russian version of Myst III exile, which was officially released in CIS by Russobit-M.

It is a 4 cd version, version 1.2. According to the internet it doesn't have Safedisc protection.

I look into detection.cpp of the master branch dated some days ago.

It searches for the exe file in the bin/ folder. I added M3R.exe and its md5. (however I need to rename M3R.exe to M3.exe first).

There's a challenge how to find the table (tables?). The file is only 455 Kb and the offsets of ver12x do not work for it.

Thank you and regards. If you need any files I would be happy to provide you with.

/edited.
Sho

Post by Sho »

By the way, can Myst 3 run fullscreen? When i tick relevant option in residualVM gui, there is no effect, the game still runs windowed.
Sho

Post by Sho »

Okay, the good news is that the official russian version just replaced the English data of the game. So any English .exe should fit (I used a 1.2 exe file) - it worked and the game was in russian (videos, menus, text, etc.).

The Russian .exe seems to be protected with something (the tables are crypted). Nevertheless I provide here the md5 for the first 5000 bytes of the file:

Code: Select all

4ce43b84c1d0869a84b5f361f8914a9f
Also here is the md5 of the the first 5000 bytes of M3Data\text\English.m3t for the Russian version:

Code: Select all

57d36d8610043fda554a0708d71d2681
/edited
Last edited by Fear on Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sho

Post by Sho »

By the way, the original Russobit-m version works now.
AnthonyDisco

Post by AnthonyDisco »

Translations prove really very essential while playing games.Its great to hear that the Russian translation is working now.

roland printers