Grim Fandango patch

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Smerphy

Grim Fandango patch

Post by Smerphy »

When I try to run GF it tells me it requires the patch. When I go to download the patch it tells me that I already have the patch. I've attempted putting the .exe file into the directory, but i still get the same issue!

I've been trying to solve this, but since I already have the patch I obviously can't re-download it, but I don't know the actual name of the files to move into the directory. If anyone could enlighten me that would be much appreciated!
giucam

Post by giucam »

You don't have to run the patch, you must put the gfupd101.exe in Grim's directory, with all the LAB files.
slseltze

Patch/more

Post by slseltze »

giucam wrote:You don't have to run the patch, you must put the gfupd101.exe in Grim's directory, with all the LAB files.
I put the .exe file in with the .LAB stuff, but it still says the same stuff about a missing patch. What now?
Duke134

Post by Duke134 »

Hey there,

I also had the same problem. Probably you did not download the patch from that site http://residualvm.org/downloads/ . I once downloaded it from somewhere else (don't know where i got it right now), and somehow I had a patch, which size was just about 2mb and not 2.2mb.

So try to download the patch from the link posted above and try to run it again.