Audio/Video problems :(

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Federico

Audio/Video problems :(

Post by Federico »

Hello everyone,
last saturday I have installed on grim fandago, use the Grim Update 1.01 and the "GrimPatchXP"(I have vista and this patch worked well on my pc some years ago on the same PC but now->) but when I play it, everything goes ok except for the dialogues that "block" the game, I mean, I run it(always as an administrator, compatibility: windows xp), the intro video is ok, the graphic is ok/perfect but after one or more dialogue I made, manny keeps moving is mouth and the audio shutdown and I can't continue dialogue, play or do anything.... it's really annoying because it's one of my 3 favourite games and I already run this game on this pc, as I said, and it was ok to play! :cry: :cry: :cry:
Can Residualvm help me in any way?!

thank you all,

Federico

(P.s.: I have a pc with Vista and GF is translated in italian.)
giucam

Post by giucam »

Are you asking how to run the original game? That's a bit of an odd question to be made here. Besides, i don't think having it run without any glitch is possible.
Why don't you use ResidualVM since you're in the ResidualVM's forum?
Federico

Post by Federico »

giucam wrote:Are you asking how to run the original game? That's a bit of an odd question to be made here. Besides, i don't think having it run without any glitch is possible.
Why don't you use ResidualVM since you're in the ResidualVM's forum?
I'm here thanks to an adv on fb made by in a italian Grim Fandango fan page and I think that someone can help me
I install resudlavm(both files from "0.1.1 Release binaries") but when I use it it said "Unsupported version of grim fandango" even if it's update and it's ok.... arg :x :cry:

edit per: che pirla ma siamo tutti e due italiani!!! ahaha magari sei tu quello che ha messo il msg sul gruppo di grim fandango di questo forum
giucam

Post by giucam »

Federico wrote:I install resudlavm(both files from "0.1.1 Release binaries") but when I use it it said "Unsupported version of grim fandango" even if it's update and it's ok.... arg :x :cry:
Do you have all the needed data files? Look at http://wiki.residualvm.org/index.php/Datafiles
edit: don't select the folder in which you installed the original, create another one for residualvm.
Federico wrote: edit per: che pirla ma siamo tutti e due italiani!!! ahaha magari sei tu quello che ha messo il msg sul gruppo di grim fandango di questo forum
No, non sono su facebook :)
somaen
ScummVM Developer

Post by somaen »

Make sure that you place the gfupd101.exe file itself in the game-folder, you should NOT extract it, just place it in the folder.

There is no need for an installer, or other software, as all you need is the LAB files from the cds (all the contents of the GAMEDATA-folders), and the gfupd101.exe file.
Federico

Post by Federico »

I have 5 DATA000.LAB files named: DATA000.lab DATA001.lab DATA002.lab DATA003.lab DATA004.lab to Data005.lab and now also gfupd101.exe on the folder "c:/ProgramFiles/LucasArts/Grim"(or something similar) but nothing change.... what a pity
I Creaated in the Lucasarts folder another one called Grim2 to run residualVM but.... SEEMS TO RUUUUNNNNN :) yay thank you guys!
when i add a new game(GF) in rVM in the audio folder i have to select something?(override global setting, texth and speech...)

edit for: it runs, and, i leave this message because it has helped me to run correctly the game without issues so if anyone has the same problem, here is the solution!
somaen
ScummVM Developer

Post by somaen »

No, you do not have to select anything in Audio. (All those options are also available in-game).
Federico

Post by Federico »

somaen wrote:No, you do not have to select anything in Audio. (All those options are also available in-game).
Thank you somaen, thanks to your and giucam's advice(and ResidualVM as well) I solved everything and now I can play correctly Grim Fandango... :)