Joystick support / camera relative

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

CleverCaviar

Joystick support / camera relative

Post by CleverCaviar »

Hello.

When in character relative joystick mode, the character moves ahead or back straight away, angling as they go. When in camera relative move, the character rotates on the spot first, and then moves. Is this the expected behaviour?

It's been a long time since I played the game with an original, off the disk, install, so I don't remember if this was the way it was back then.
JohnnyWalker2001

Re: Joystick support / camera relative

Post by JohnnyWalker2001 »

Manny always rotates for me in Camera-Relative mode?
CleverCaviar

Post by CleverCaviar »

JohnnyWalker2001 wrote:Manny always rotates for me in Camera-Relative mode?
He rotates as he's moving backwards or forwards? As I said above, mine will not move forward/back until the character has rotated into place first, it's like a two step process.

I should also say, tested on official XBOX360 wireless controller.
JohnnyWalker2001

Post by JohnnyWalker2001 »

CleverCaviar wrote:He rotates as he's moving backwards or forwards? As I said above, mine will not move forward/back until the character has rotated into place first, it's like a two step process.

I should also say, tested on official XBOX360 wireless controller.
It was unclear in your original post that this is what you were referring to, but yes, that's how the game works: Manny rotates in Camera-Relative mode, and always has.

It may be different in the upcoming Grim Fandango Remastered, however: http://www.grimremastered.com