Guide: Compiling ResidualVM on Windows

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

JohnnyWalker2001

Re: Guide: Compiling ResidualVM on Windows

Post by JohnnyWalker2001 »

Good job!
hooby3dfx

Post by hooby3dfx »

:D
Final note: I noticed that none of the stdout was appearing on the command line. For example residualvm -h would print nothing.

The fix was to remove -mwindows option from sdl-config (as noted here: http://echelog.com/logs/browse/scummvm/1233961200).

For me this was line 47/48 of sdl-config (for both 32 and 64 bit):
--libs)
echo -L${exec_prefix}/lib -lmingw32 -lSDLmain -lSDL
hooby3dfx

Post by hooby3dfx »

Next adventure:

I attempted to play Monkey Island and realized that there was no music due to lack of libmad.

I found some precompiled versions of it for mingw but none of them were compatible.

Eventually compiled it myself today - had to do make these 2 changes to its configure script:
1. delete the line containing -fforce-mem (as outlined in scummvm instructions)
2. replace arch="-march=i486" with arch=""

...and then there was sound!
bgK
ScummVM Developer

Post by bgK »

People wanting to build ResidualVM with GCC on Windows may want to take a look at MSYS2: https://sourceforge.net/p/msys2/wiki/MS ... tallation/.
It comes with an awesome package manager (pacman) and has all of ResidualVM's dependencies available as packages.
vear

Post by vear »

I ran into some problems while attempting to compile ResidualVM on my own. Hope you guys might help.
While doing everything according to the first post and the wiki page, having installed SDL, zlib and even a GLEW binary for Stark engine* (one built for MinGW, found here), I managed to successfully run ./configure and... that's all. Make throws the following error message, a quite cryptic one (at least for me, as I'm just a beginner when it comes to C++).

Any ideas what could've gone wrong? Am I missing a dependency, or what?

* note that compilation fails regardless whether Stark is enabled or not.
On a (yet onther) side note, roughly the same happens while trying to compile from release source code (0.2.1).