Problem installing Monkey Island 4

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Tel

Re: Problem installing Monkey Island 4

Post by Tel »

Hi. I downloaded that link. It said downloaded but went to the playstore and asked me to install. I hit install and all it says is, X file not installed. Any ideas? It appears i cant apply the update
Botje

Post by Botje »

You need to actually install the .apk, not just download it.
Tel

Post by Tel »

Yes but it wont let me install it. When i click install. It just comes back with a message saying not installed
Botje

Post by Botje »

That is not enough information to debug your issue remotely. Check the logcat output and/or try installing the .apk from a PC using adb.
Nitrus

Post by Nitrus »

Hi Prim's,

It seems that either the buildbot has failed, the win32 build option is disabled, or there's a permission issue with the file at the moment, so...
You can try building ResidualVM for yourself, for which there are some instructions on the webpage, though they are not for the faint of heart :)

Otherwise, I've found a cached version of the file from September the 27th here:
[ Removed Link - otherwise left message untouched for posterity ]

EDIT: Disregard the previous link, daily build seems to be working now.

I'm not sure what the development status was at that specific moment, though judging by the code commits I cannot see any significant changes pertaining to the Grim or EDI engine, so the current daily version regarding EFMI would most likely be very similar as it was then.

Just make sure to follow exactly the necessary file structure as described here:
https://github.com/residualvm/residualv ... key-island

EDIT: Bear in mind that daily build savegames are sometimes/usually not backwards compatible
Last edited by Guest on Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.