Monkey Island 4 - Mac OS X

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

AFG84

Monkey Island 4 - Mac OS X

Post by AFG84 »

Hi, I'm new to the forums and have a question.

So I've been trying to get EMFI to work on mac. I've got a nightly build of the intel ReaidualVM on Mac OS X 10.6.8. All files from both CD's are in 1 folder now. When I try to start the game, it says there is no local.m4b (which is apparently gotten from the install). How to I get this? And also, it is saying there is no FullMonkeyMap1.imt and no FullMonkeyMap2.imt, but I have both in the folder. What can be done here?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Also, I've got the MonkeyIsland.exe patch in the folders, before anyone asks me if I have that or not. Thanks
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Re: Monkey Island 4 - Mac OS X

Post by Raziel »

Local.m4b is located on CD1 in Monkey4/MonkeyInstall
AFG84

Post by AFG84 »

Managed to find the local.m4b file by installing the game on sheepshaver and moving it to the main desktop then to the emfi files. (I have the mac cd's, so the game needed to be installed to get local.m4b. Unfortunately, the game itself can't be played on sheepshaver).

However, I'm still having the problem with the fullmonkeymap1/2.imt's. This message appears every time I try to run the game.

http://imgur.com/kkcT8FS
bgK
ScummVM Developer

Post by bgK »

If you have the mac version of EFMI, ResidualVM can read the "local.m4b" file directly from the installer.
For that to work you need to copy it where you put the game data files. It should be named "Monkey Island 4 Installer" or "EFMI Installer".

Are you sure you placed the FullMonkeyMap1.imt and FullMonkeyMap2.imt files in the "Textures" sub-folder? ResidualVM can't find them otherwise.
AFG84

Post by AFG84 »

Do the installer(s) from Disk 2 need to be there as well? I have the two FullMonkeyMap.imt's in two folders, Textures 1 and Textures 2. I'm guessing this is my problem. Would the textures from both disks thus need to be merged into one folder?
bgK
ScummVM Developer

Post by bgK »

Yes, the "Textures" folders from both disks need to be merged, with only "FullMonkeyMap.imt" being renamed.

I don't have the mac version of EFMI, so I can't check what the installers from Disk 2 are.
somaen
ScummVM Developer

Post by somaen »

As far as I remember from my Mac-version, the installer from disk 1 should suffice.
AFG84

Post by AFG84 »

Finally had a chance try it again today. Worked after I made the mecessary changes. Thanks for for the help everyone.