Quest for Glory - Import Feature

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

PizzaCrime

Quest for Glory - Import Feature

Post by PizzaCrime »

Is anyone familiar with the Quest for Glory series, and how it interacts with ScummVM, specifically when you finish a game and save your character for import into the next game? I can't seem to figure out where it is saving this file, if it is saving it at all.

Thanks!
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: Quest for Glory - Import Feature

Post by Praetorian »

PizzaCrime wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 1:44 pm Is anyone familiar with the Quest for Glory series, and how it interacts with ScummVM, specifically when you finish a game and save your character for import into the next game? I can't seem to figure out where it is saving this file, if it is saving it at all.

Thanks!
I haven't played a QfG game recently, not till the end anyway, but the more likely location to save your character at the end would be the saved games path for ScummVM.
If you have set a specific path for Saved Games, either under Global Options -> Paths -> Save Path, or Game Options -> Paths -> Save Path, then you should look for it in that path.
If you have not changed the path for Saved Games, the default should be used, which is under the ScummVM internal app storage.
To get the path for that, using the ScummVM file browser, go up until the "root" folder where you see the shortcuts for "ScummVM data (External)", "ScummVM data (Internal)", etc. Choose "ScummVM data (Internal)", then "saves" and you should be in the default folder with the ScummVM saved games.

If you have Cloud saving set up for ScummVM, and are using the default paths for ScummVM games, then the contents of that default folder should be synched with your cloud storage, so you could find the exported character there as well.