ScummVM 2.8.1 The Dig error

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Maverick_Hunter1900X

ScummVM 2.8.1 The Dig error

Post by Maverick_Hunter1900X »

Hey guys

I have a problem in The Dig. I'm about to go and talk to Brink (It's the part where Brink tries to fight Low, and accidentally falls over the cliff), but when I go from the cave (The one with the bat-like creatures) to where Brink is, I get an error which says:

ERROR: (105:2013:0x1E630(: box 29 is out of bounds (0,21)!

Anyone who knows what the problem is and what to do about it? :D

I have been able to go and talk to Brink earlier in the game, without any problems. It only happens when I am about to fight Brink, that this error appears.
Attachments
448352240_1220642066013901_7557456459738709683_n.jpg
448352240_1220642066013901_7557456459738709683_n.jpg (103.57 KiB) Viewed 196 times
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: ScummVM 2.8.1 The Dig error

Post by Praetorian »

Could you open a ticket on the bug tracker about this issue? Please also attach a saved game near the part where the bug happens.
Maverick_Hunter1900X

I'm trying to find the savegame file, but I'm unable to locate the folder location, which contains the savegame files. I got Android version 13 if that helps :)
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

Maverick_Hunter1900X wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 5:49 pm I'm trying to find the savegame file, but I'm unable to locate the folder location, which contains the savegame files. I got Android version 13 if that helps :)
If you haven't set a custom path for the saved games (that in Android 13 would most likely require going through the SAF process or using an existing path that was configured with the SAF process), then the game is using the default path for saved games, under the application own storage.

I think the quickest ways to have access to that would be to either:
a) configure and activate Cloud Synching for the saved games and then get the saved games from your Cloud Storage space or
b) (my preference) to activate the ScummVM LAN server (Global Options -> LAN -> Run server), keep that screen on (if you leave that tab, the LAN server will shut down) and then use a PC/laptop/tablet from the same LAN to access the saved games folder on the phone, using a web browser and pointing it to the URL shown in ScummVM's LAN tab, eg. something like

Code: Select all

http://192.168.1.12:12345
Note, someone has opened a ticket for this issue and has uploaded a saved game -- however, I could not reproduce the issue on mine with the provided saved game.
https://bugs.scummvm.org/ticket/15215
zoltan80

Post by zoltan80 »

Hello,

I had exactly the same bug (three times in a row) and opened a ticket on the bug tracker with a saved game attached on it

However, since yesterday i couldn't reproduce it! there must be another condition to reproduce the bug
Maverick_Hunter1900X

Praetorian wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 6:33 pm
Maverick_Hunter1900X wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 5:49 pm I'm trying to find the savegame file, but I'm unable to locate the folder location, which contains the savegame files. I got Android version 13 if that helps :)
If you haven't set a custom path for the saved games (that in Android 13 would most likely require going through the SAF process or using an existing path that was configured with the SAF process), then the game is using the default path for saved games, under the application own storage.

a) configure and activate Cloud Synching for the saved games and then get the saved games from your Cloud Storage space or
b) (my preference) to activate the ScummVM LAN server (Global Options -> LAN -> Run server), keep that screen on (if you leave that tab, the LAN server will shut down) and then use a PC/laptop/tablet from the same LAN to access the saved games folder on the phone, using a web browser and pointing it to the URL shown in ScummVM's LAN tab, eg. something like

Note, someone has opened a ticket for this issue and has uploaded a saved game -- however, I could not reproduce the issue on mine with the provided saved game.
Okay, so I haven't found out how to copy the savegame yet. I have tried both methods you mentioned, but I can't seem to get it to work. But I'll look into some more and copy the savegame and upload it here.
I did however find a workaround or maybe a fix of some sort.
If the tram isn't located at the Tomb Spire 'station' (The cave with all the water in it) and I go to Brink's location, where he is working on his life crystal machine (In the story, it is right before Brink and Low will get into a fight, and Brink will fall to his death.... again), ScummVM wil crash and show the above-mentioned error.
But if I go to the Tomb Spire 'station' (Again the cave with all the water in it) and call the tram and THEN go back to where Brink is working on his life crystal machine, then there is no error.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

Maverick_Hunter1900X wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 1:05 pm
Praetorian wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 6:33 pm

Okay, so I haven't found out how to copy the savegame yet. I have tried both methods you mentioned, but I can't seem to get it to work. But I'll look into some more and copy the savegame and upload it here.
I did however find a workaround or maybe a fix of some sort.
If the tram isn't located at the Tomb Spire 'station' (The cave with all the water in it) and I go to Brink's location, where he is working on his life crystal machine (In the story, it is right before Brink and Low will get into a fight, and Brink will fall to his death.... again), ScummVM wil crash and show the above-mentioned error.
But if I go to the Tomb Spire 'station' (Again the cave with all the water in it) and call the tram and THEN go back to where Brink is working on his life crystal machine, then there is no error.
Please add this info to the ticket on the bug tracker if possible. It might prove useful to resolve the issue: