Kyrandia/Lands of Lore EA Source Code

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

lordskylark

Kyrandia/Lands of Lore EA Source Code

Post by lordskylark »

At one time "Ender" and "LordHoto" were working to get the Kyrandia source code and said that EA confirmed that they had it at some point. I am presently working with E.A. to find this. We need to know who they were talking to at the time. They don't log in the forums anymore. Does anyone know how to contact those individuals?
sev
ScummVM Lead

Re: Kyrandia/Lands of Lore EA Source Code

Post by sev »

It was around 2005-2006. I highly doubt that the same people still work at EA.

In essence, they knew where the Westwood backup tapes are located, but there was nobody who was willing to search through those, at least not for free.

Eugene
lordskylark

Post by lordskylark »

Thank you for the information.

So they merely located the Westwood back-up tapes, but didn't actually search through them to see what was actually on them? So, in otherwords, they didn't actually confirm if the Kyrandia source code existed?
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Yes, something like that. I do not know all of the details, and unfortunately, I do not even have the e-mails on the matter in my archive.

Eugene
invwar

Post by invwar »

Maybe you try contact Jim Vessella, he digged out the Westwood Archive for Command & Conquer Remastered and might know a bit more about the other content. He might be a good lead. Good luck!