Audio completely muted on iPadOS (App Store Version)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

alanthreepwood44

Audio completely muted on iPadOS (App Store Version)

Post by alanthreepwood44 »

Hi,

There’s a problem with the audio on the App Store version of ScummVM, on a particular time when I use ScummVM the audio previously worked fine & one day after I’ll downloaded the icons pack then I’ll start playing an game the audio is suddenly was completely muted. & even an worse problem on my Step-Father’s iPhone (with iOS) that have the App Store version of ScummVM downloaded. I’ll hope this problem gets fixed, probably in the next version of ScummVM.

Also I’m using

iPad 6th Gen (on iPadOS 17.7)

If your wondering
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Re: Audio completely muted on iPadOS (App Store Version)

Post by criezy »

Did you maybe turn on silent mode on your iPhone and iPad?
As per the Apple's guidelines, ScummVM does not output audio when the device is in silent mode, unless your are using headphones. And I verified that this is consistent with all the game applications I have on my device and that are also silent. Only playback applications (such as Music or YouTube) still output sound in silent mode.
alanthreepwood44

Re: Audio completely muted on iPadOS (App Store Version)

Post by alanthreepwood44 »

The silent mode on my IPad is actually off. Although on some occasions & actually do a lot use headphones when using devices like these. But I’ll may do some testing again and see if that’s the case.

UPDATE: i’ll tested it out the problem even further & you were right about the silent mode problem with ScummVM. So far I’ll tested it with the EGA DOS Version of LOOM & there’s no issue than I’ll originally expected. & no issue affecting the headphones either. But thanks anyways!