No voice but music on linux (openSUSE)

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

crazy_achmed wrote:Ok thanks i first compiled it without installing additional libs and had the following features:
mp3, ALSA, SEQ,TiMidity,RGB, zlib, Freetype.

So some where missing, i then installed all i could find that fits with yast, i think the only things missing now is TAINTED.
You mentioned it has to to with a game engine, which one is it?

And another question, ./conigure tells my that some "features" are not found, it says "Checking for ...." the ones that have a "no" are:
openGL
libunity
sparkle
sndio
PNG
libfaad

do i need them or are they importand? Because i did not found them in yast.
- openGL: It's a feature that is still in development, so you don't need it yet
- libunity: this is used for the Unity shell (Ubuntu)
- sparkle: this is used for Mac OS
- sndio: you probably need this, as it's used for MIDI
- PNG: libpng, not useful yet, it is used in daily versions for Broken Sword 2.5 and will be used in the upcoming Wintermute engine
- libfaad: IIRC, it's used to play the audio tracks for the iPhone version of the 7th guest
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

crazy_achmed wrote: So some where missing, i then installed all i could find that fits with yast, i think the only things missing now is TAINTED.
You mentioned it has to to with a game engine, which one is it?
It doesn't say. All it means is that it has enabled at least one game engine that's not enabled in the official ScummVM release. It's possible that they simply used --enable-all-engines.
crazy_achmed wrote: And another question, ./conigure tells my that some "features" are not found, it says "Checking for ...." the ones that have a "no" are:
openGL
libunity
sparkle
sndio
PNG
libfaad
I've only looked briefly, but hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong when I say that...

OpenGL adds a couple of OpenGL alternatives to the Graphics mode setting. I haven't used that myself, but supposedly it allows scaling the graphics to arbitrary resolutions, rather than the fixed 2x and 3x scalers.

Using libunity apparently provides "Unity launcher integration". Again, I don't use it so I don't know exactly what it means.

Sparkle is apparently used for automatic updates on Mac OS X.

Sndio is used for MIDI on OpenBSD.

PNG is an image format which I believe is currently only used by the work in progress Broken Sword 2.5 engine. Until recently, ScummVM had its own PNG decoder but it seems it was reimplemented using libpng, presumably to get some missing features. It would surprise me greatly if openSUSE doesn't have the development libraries for that.

FAAD is used for some varieties of QuickTime, which I believe is only used by the work in progress Mohawk engine. The most well known games for that are probably Myst and Riven, but I couldn't tell you which, if any, of them need FAAD support. I know Debian has libfaad packages; I don't know about openSUSE.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

eriktorbjorn wrote:FAAD is used for some varieties of QuickTime, which I believe is only used by the work in progress Mohawk engine. The most well known games for that are probably Myst and Riven, but I couldn't tell you which, if any, of them need FAAD support. I know Debian has libfaad packages; I don't know about openSUSE.
It's used by QuickTime, yes, but it's needed for The 7th Guest iOS version.
crazy_achmed

Post by crazy_achmed »

Ok i did not got any of theese aditionally/missing features installed however everything seems to work fine even the mp3 audio.
Thanks for your help