ScummVM Front End by Shed

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Collector

Post by Collector »

bgbennyboy wrote:I'm inclined to agree with Fingolfin. For a frontend to be useful it really should offer something that the inbuilt gui doesn't. I made my frontend when ScummVM didn't have a GUI and kept it updated for 2+ years. Eventually though, the point came where the inbuilt ScummVM GUI was good enough - there was no point maintaining a separate frontend anymore. Its now hard to see what a new frontend could offer, over and above the features present in the inbuilt GUI.
As I said before, the only thing I miss about your GUI is the ability to automatically generate Windows shortcuts for each game. The built in GUI is great for setting up a game, but I don't like having to go through it every time I want to start a game that I already have set up.
Shed

Post by Shed »

well i don't understand completely all your "messages" because i don't speak english natively but...

this:

"it'd take much less of your time"

i've a lot of time.... i don't work now, and possibly never more...by some reasons....main one, is this...¿why work for others when my intelectual IQ is demonstrated over my bosses and co-workers giving them (*) a unvaluable software that manage a stock supply capability of millions of euros per year??

work for stupids, i'm not stupid

but don't take care...i'll remove the image/reference about the sucky-frontend....and you're in peace...okay?

or remove this thread...obviously, i'm not welcome here...

(*) and yes, developed completely alone, around 7 millions codelines, sound great uh? more than you expect...

and about computing...i reach finally a true answer about that...is completely waste of time (overall for coders and computer experts that mostly are under-payed or abused by fucking good dressed people that don't have idea about computing is)...now and ahead i'll use only for play games or development on my own stuff

good luck, when you're fucked you'll remember this post..
(i meant when somebody get will richer (a lot) with your work)

you said that you're wondered....
i'm wondered of born in this fucking planet plenty of shit, pathetical people, and rape, thieves and pirates pissing-you-off continnously...

seriously...i desire you all, really good luck...all of us will need it...
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

What's with the vulgar/offending language? It's not helping in making your voice heard, you know

Your frontend was good enough, but it didn't offer anything radical over the builtin gui, that's what has been said

As for a reply, reread bgbennyboy's response:
(...)I made my frontend when ScummVM didn't have a GUI and kept it updated for 2+ years. Eventually though, the point came where the inbuilt ScummVM GUI was good enough - there was no point maintaining a separate frontend anymore. Its now hard to see what a new frontend could offer, over and above the features present in the inbuilt GUI. (...)
exofreeze
Banned

Post by exofreeze »

7 million codelines -

BULLSHIT.

I declare shenanigans.

Even if you wrote 1000 lines of code per day, you would have had to work EVERY DAY OF YOUR LIFE for just over 19 years.

Your right, your not welcome here.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

exofreeze, it's no problem to generate 7 million lines of code in jus a couple minutes, e.g. by writing a dozen lines of code which auto-generat arbitrary amounts of code... *gg*.

Or you use the technique described here (copy & paste is the key): http://worsethanfailure.com/Articles/Ch ... igits.aspx
Shed

Post by Shed »

obviously you don't have notice about rehusability of code libraries

and take note on this....you're calling BULLSHIT to a multinational company know as FAMM-Chevron-Texaco ...a company of your own country....
clem

Post by clem »

Shed wrote:obviously you don't have notice about rehusability of code libraries
I might be getting something wrong here, but didn't you say you wrote that 7 millions of lines yourself?
Shed wrote: (*) and yes, developed completely alone, around 7 millions codelines, sound great uh? more than you expect...
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

You are correct, I guess most people here never heard about rehusability (or husability, for that matter). :twisted:

Shed wrote:and take note on this....you're calling BULLSHIT to a multinational company know as FAMM-Chevron-Texaco ...a company of your own country....
What? You mean Chevron-Texaco is now a German company? Gee, that's indeed surprising news :P

Ah, I know, I shouldn't feed or taunt trolls, but it just gives me this nice warm inner feeling :lol:
Shed

Post by Shed »

learn to read first....i'm talking to the Texas guy (exofreeze)

but i'm bored of this stupid conversation...

make me a favour...erase me from the forum...
good luck with your "toy"...meanwhile think that probably the food and goods you receive in your countries, are supplied by the merchant ships that my program attennds on spanish ports...

and yes, let me know when you as individual guy, make a software piece that invoices around 2.000.000 euros each 9 months...

have a good day
exofreeze
Banned

Post by exofreeze »

and take note on this....you're calling BULLSHIT to a multinational company know as FAMM-Chevron-Texaco ...a company of your own country....
No, I am calling bullshit on your claim that you single handedly wrote 7 million lines of code.

Besides that - just because a company happens to be from the state I am from doesnt mean a damned thing to me.

I have a big surprise for you - the president is from my state and <gasp> a whole bunch of Texans don't like him!

Unlike whatever police state your from, we are allowed to dislike companies and public officials from our own country/state.

That retardedness aside, you went from claiming that you single handedly wrote 7 million lines of code to jumping to code libraries.

Theres a bit of a difference there Mr. IQ.

Considering your ignorant comments, your embellished accomplishments, and your narcissistic belief that everyone you work for is "stupider" (thats not a real english word by the way genius) than you, I suggest you you build a rocket ship compiled completely from your hand written code and fly to the moon where you can start your own elite colony of super assbackwards scumm-frontend-writing elitists bad-english-speaking flaming-troll-loving fucktards.

Besides, I hear they don't even use oil (No 'stupider' Chevron to deal with!) on the moon - everything is powered by imagination and dreams.

Believe in yourself!
Shed

Post by Shed »

ahhh....i note that i push the correct string...

are you angried?? why?

hehehehe....look friend, don't worry about it...enjoy
is all part of a movement designed for sunk my own bussiness because i'm working for 20 years for nothing

meanwhile, others are getting rich...

thanx, thanx a lot specially to that greedy pigs like my own bussiness co-workers and bosses
Last edited by Shed on Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
exofreeze
Banned

Post by exofreeze »

Shed wrote:learn to read first....i'm talking to the Texas guy (exofreeze)

but i'm bored of this stupid conversation...

make me a favour...erase me from the forum...
good luck with your "toy"...meanwhile think that probably the food and goods you receive in your countries, are supplied by the merchant ships that my program attennds on spanish ports...

and yes, let me know when you as individual guy, make a software piece that invoices around 2.000.000 euros each 9 months...

have a good day
The 'you' that hurt your feelings so badly? AWWWW, poor toolshed!

Hate to break news to you assmonger - but the US is the worlds largest exporter of food. There is a little bitty aisle at the grocery store for imported spanish food. It's usually barren and you can hear crickets on a full moon there.

Merchant ships?? Somebody has been playing too much Age of Empires or Pirates.

The only thing Spain is known for here for is cheap vacations and inquisitions. <smirk>

I'm telling you toolshed - use your mega-money generating programs to buy a small country over there. I hear Uzbekistan is cheap!
Shed

Post by Shed »

we can stay here for days or weeks...(except you banned me using your admin privileges)

i don't have nothing better to do...
The only thing Spain is known for here for is cheap vacations and inquisitions.
hey!!! good declaration... i hope all spanish people see this...meanwhile take in consider that i don't say nothing about any country in particular, /except mentioning the company...thing that is true) thing that you have done...

and about this:
"I hear Uzbekistan is cheap!"

you demonstrating, a total fault of consideration for a country where people are dying (possibly) because don't have neither for food...

applauses for him...
(I hope that God pardons to you, by your words)
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Ah, I should indeed have known better to feed the troll.. exofreeze, you too, it's not worth arguing with this guy, and his posts here speak a clear language to everybody anyway :)

Locking this topic now, before this gets out of control :).