Doman name for ResidualVM

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

MeddlingMonk

Post by MeddlingMonk »

The name change seems a little odd to me. Granted, it's a done thing, but it still seems strange. Scumm was the name of LucasArt's adventure-game engine. Residual is a joking reference to the engine used for GF and EMI. If the name was going to be changed to bring it closer to ScummVM's, I would have thought that GrimEVM would have been the logical choice. (But a preference for the logical is probably why I never went into marketing.)
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

somaen wrote:IMHO that is a bit too close to theirs, I think we'd atleast want something more 3D about it.

Done!!!
JohnnyWalker2001

Post by JohnnyWalker2001 »

After the change-over to the new name/domain (which is going great, btw), I keep getting the following ERROR whenever I post:
Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : emailer.php
Oddly my posts ARE appearing, though.

Edit: And sod's law: I didn't get it when I posted this message.
somaen
ScummVM Developer

Post by somaen »

clone2727 wrote:
somaen wrote:IMHO that is a bit too close to theirs, I think we'd atleast want something more 3D about it.

Done!!!
Now THAT is a bit more in the direction I was thinking, although I must learn to hold my tongue when talking about 3D these days, in my mind 3D is still the difference between Grim Fandango and Curse of Monkey Island, not any visual requiring special visual-aids :P

Although, the 3d-look is good, I personally would prefer some depth for those of us born without red/green retinas too :P (I.e. something like this perhaps? Image