feeble files converting cutscene

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Icchh

Noob guide to get the game to start..?

Post by Icchh »

hehe any one who could write a noob guide on how to get the game to run?
Adventureguy

Re: Noob guide to get the game to start..?

Post by Adventureguy »

Icchh wrote:hehe any one who could write a noob guide on how to get the game to run?
Well, that's easy: copy the files necessary for the game to a folder in your hard drive. Which files you need are mentioned here. The smacker videos can be extracted with RAD Video Tools available here and the ScummVM tools available here. Just do what is mentioned in the README at the tool "encode_dxa", and depending on how fast your computer is and which CD version you have (2CDs or 4CDs), your through with encoding all the videos to dxa after some hours/days/weeks. :twisted: (Just a joke! Weeks! Hahaha! I meant MONTHS!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: )
Tooplex

Post by Tooplex »

Ok i got the first disk working im on the second one now once you know how to do it it doesnt take long like for 4 disks it will take me two days (and ive got school)
nelsonjr

Post by nelsonjr »

anyone else have trouble with the specific .smk called Get Car? That one doesn't want to convert for some reason. I thought it might be the space in the title, but if I change it, does scummvm need it with the space or without? Or is it something completely different?
john_doe
ScummVM Developer

Post by john_doe »

nelsonjr wrote:anyone else have trouble with the specific .smk called Get Car? That one doesn't want to convert for some reason. I thought it might be the space in the title, but if I change it, does scummvm need it with the space or without? Or is it something completely different?
Did you put it in quotes? The command should be
encode_dxa "Get Car"
nelsonjr

Post by nelsonjr »

That worked... thank you very much. I haven't used quotes on any of them, and that was the only one that gave me problems... must have been the space in the title. Thanks again!