In-jokes and references

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

dreammaster wrote:A good website for game easter eggs is www.eeggs.com
The World of Monkey Island has lists of what they consider to be in-jokes in the Monkey Island games. (Some of them seem like just coincidences to me, though.)
JKing

Post by JKing »

clone2727 wrote:
nevered wrote:also: in almost every lucasarts game, there are always figurines shaped like sam&max.
In Indy3, in Indy's office on the right there is a Sam & Max Statue.

In MI1, on Monkey Island, one of the cannibal's statues by the Monkey Head is of Sam and Max.
There's also a portrait of Max (and Sam?) on the second floor of the mansion in Day of the Tentacle. In the past, I think.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

JKing wrote:There's also a portrait of Max (and Sam?) on the second floor of the mansion in Day of the Tentacle. In the past, I think.
Yes. In the past, but only of Max.
Tooplex

Post by Tooplex »

its not really a in joke referance but if you use items on the irs guys from the present using bernard or keep hearing them talk they say some funny things!
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Florob wrote:I'm selling these fine leather jackets BTW
That was in many games.

This is from the LucasArts 20th Anniversary Trivia:

The phrase ''I'm selling these fine leather jackets'' first appeared in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. At the time, Lucasfilm was selling sheepskin bomber jackets to company employees, and the team decided to joke about this within the game. The joke reappeared in other games such as: The Secret of Monkey Island®, Monkey Island® 2: LeChuck's Revenge®, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis™ and Full Throttle®.

But, I also found it in Curse of Monkey Island.
Florob

Post by Florob »

Dark-Star wrote:I know for certain that it's in Zak (in the youth hostel on Mars). Do you remember where in DOTT the canister is? I don't remember seeing it there, but then I didn't play DOTT as long and often as I played Zak, so I might just have missed it...
Maybe I'm just imagining things. At least the whole internet has nothing about a canister in DOTT, so I guess I'm just wrong.
MetaFox

Post by MetaFox »

I've got most of the in-jokes in LucasArts adventure games up at Mega Monkey:

http://www.megamonkey.org/