ScummVM 0.13.0 "More Guests" enter(s) the house

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Crimsonskies wrote:Does that mean future support for a completely new series of games? If so, which games?
The Tucker engine appears to be specific to that one game, while the Groovie engine was used for a couple of others. (From what I hear, they would require ScummVM to support 16-bit graphics, which it currently doesn't.)

I don't know anything beyond what the ScummVM Wiki says, though.
BlackJack

Oops!

Post by BlackJack »

• Random note : the README.TXT from the "ScummVM Tools 0.13.0" (Win32 version) mentions "compress_tucker" while the .exe is nowhere to be found in the installation directory.
  • Also, the Datafiles page lacks support for the French CD version (and maybe the German one too).
    For example, French version has no *.enc file but *.c files instead, and requires the CHARSIZE.DTA file in order to be launched.

Apparently, the German version needs these files :

BGTEXTGR.ENC
    CHARNMGR.ENC
    DATA5GR.ENC
    INFOBRGR.TXT
    OBJTX1GR.ENC
    OBJTX2GR.ENC
    OBJTX3GR.ENC
    PT1TXTGR.ENC
    PT2TXTGR.ENC
    PT3TXTGR.ENC
    CHARSZGR.DTA

And the French one (some of*) these :

CHARSIZE.DTA
    ACTION.C
    ACTION1.C
    ACTION2.C
    ACTION3.C
    BGTEXT.C
    CHARNAME.C
    CHARPOS.C
    COMMON.C
    CSDATA.C
    CSDATA1.C
    CTABLE01.C
    CTABLE02.C
    DATA.C
    DATA2.C
    DATA3.C
    DATA4.C
    DATA5.C
    EXIT.C
    FX.C
    OBJTXT.C
    OBJTXT1.C
    OBJTXT2.C
    OBJTXT3.C
    PT1.C
    PT1TEXT.C
    PT2TEXT.C
    PT3TEXT.C
    TEST.C

*Note that I've listed all the .C files on the French CD, chances are that some of them aren't needed. Like stated previously, only CHARSIZE.DTA is required in order to launch the game, but then the game needs various .C files (loaded -- if present -- by ScummVM when it needs them); for example, ACTION*.C files are used to play some anims.
  • As well, the Datafiles page no more mentions the video folder for both Sword1 and Sword2 (most probably, because the upcoming version 0.14.0 of ScummVM will have SMK support and .DXA files will then be deprecated), which may confuse some guys in the meantime.
  • I could also add the fact that the description for "The Secret of Monkey Island" PC VGA CD and Alternative PC VGA CD versions doesn't mention the unnecessary CD tracks that can be removed because they aren't used in game, but I'm nitpicking. :P
Kirben

Re: Oops!

Post by Kirben »

BlackJack wrote:Random note : the README.TXT from the "ScummVM Tools 0.13.0" (Win32 version) mentions "compress_tucker" while the .exe is nowhere to be found in the installation directory.
An error that only effected the installer package, I updated the installer package to include the 'compress_tucker' file.