Tinsel is going to be supported?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Mataku

Post by Mataku »

LordHoto wrote:
Mataku wrote:but what does it even mean? I mean, the compatibility chart in the site is the compatibility for the SVN version, and it has some games that are "not officially supported" on there, like 'return to zork', so why not Discworld?
Hu? "Return to Zork" *is* officially supported, we had a news item for it and we added it to our compatibility page.
So I have to repeat the question: What does it even mean? By 'it' I mean the term "officially supported". Why is one game considered officially supported while another isn't, even tho both games work completely? Is it just a state of mind in the head of the developers and isn't considered supported until they flat out announce it, even tho it IS technically supported?
The point is, the chart is supposed to be for the SVN, so it should have games that work in the SVN, isn't that the whole point?
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

No. Like you said, new games are officially announced when a new stable version is released. Up until then, the engine is considered unofficial, in progress, etc. Just because you can play through it doesn\t mean it is fully supported. In the case of tinsel, they are waiting on greenlight to release them as freeware.

The chart is for officially supported engines.
Harrypoppins

Post by Harrypoppins »

But the snapshot of nuighty build for mac ppc is dated to february 2009, your have right for pc or other computer but the mac ppc version don't recognize them.

Bye.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

you can build the daily snapshot for os x yourself.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

Harrypoppins wrote:But the snapshot of nuighty build for mac ppc is dated to february 2009
That's not correct the mac ppc nightly is compiled every night (thus the 'nightly'). Therefore the current mac ppc nightly on the download page should be from last night. I downloaded it myself to check and it is apparently from June 16 which is one or two days older than I expected but still much more recent than February.

By the way the same is true of the mac intel nightly build.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

There was a problem with the nightly builds yesterday, but the one from today (June 18 ) includes OS X builds for Intel and PowerPC (and starting today, the builds include .app bundles, so that they are actually usable for non-geeks, too ;). The README is now missing, but we'll fix that soon.
Harrypoppins

Post by Harrypoppins »

Yeahhh, I'am so happy !
Where can i found some tutorial for use them ?

(when i remplace the scummvm files by his new version that don't work...)
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

If the readme isn't in place I doubt there will be a tutorial for them Harry.
I think it's one of the Buildbot ones that you need at the bottom of the downloads page. Inbetween GP2X, iPhone and PSP, Wii.
Harrypoppins

Post by Harrypoppins »

What a guy !

All work perfetly, no install, no resource to move etc... It's amazing.

Thanks you fingolfin ! :D