The Feeble Files

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

clem

Post by clem »

JKing wrote:By the by, is there a way to get around the Smacker decoder's wanting you to press the "Done" button after each conversion?
I doubt it. You could always patch the binary so the final messagebox doesn't appear, but I doubt one is allowed to do that :)

clem
john_doe
ScummVM Developer

Post by john_doe »

clem wrote:
JKing wrote:By the by, is there a way to get around the Smacker decoder's wanting you to press the "Done" button after each conversion?
I doubt it. You could always patch the binary so the final messagebox doesn't appear, but I doubt one is allowed to do that :)

clem
I made a program that checks if the Bink converter is done and simply sends a WM_QUIT message. Makes overnight converting much easier :)
crowley

Post by crowley »

I know I forgot something in my script :( Use the "/#" flag.

Regards
Sebastian
FeebleFiles1

Post by FeebleFiles1 »

crowley wrote:
I know I forgot something in my script :( Use the "/#" flag.

Regards
Sebastian
is it now possible to use adpcm audio or ogg or mp3 audio in dxa files? the theard is so big.

If yes, how?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

FeebleFiles1 wrote: is it now possible to use adpcm audio or ogg or mp3 audio in dxa files? the theard is so big.

If yes, how?
The current version of encode_dxa will produce two files, instead of one: One .dxa file, and one compressed audio file (MP3, Ogg Vorbis, or FLAC). The .dxa file is silent, but the audio file is played while the movie is running.

So it should be automatic.
FeebleFiles1

Post by FeebleFiles1 »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
FeebleFiles1 wrote: is it now possible to use adpcm audio or ogg or mp3 audio in dxa files? the theard is so big.

If yes, how?
The current version of encode_dxa will produce two files, instead of one: One .dxa file, and one compressed audio file (MP3, Ogg Vorbis, or FLAC). The .dxa file is silent, but the audio file is played while the movie is running.

So it should be automatic.
Thanks for the information, thats perfectly so you can edit the audio track and make it better in some times

But now the encode is very slow, the first edition was so fast on my pc the newest edition is very very slow

great work
oduverne

Post by oduverne »

Do you plan to include [ 1504492 ] DXA: New compression scheme for encode_dxa in the next release?
I would say that it should be done because people would not like to have te reencode all the feeble files smk another time.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

oduverne wrote:Do you plan to include [ 1504492 ] DXA: New compression scheme for encode_dxa in the next release?
I would say that it should be done because people would not like to have te reencode all the feeble files smk another time.
I don't think it will be included. It's too late. From the other hand, people will not have to reencode unless they will really want to save space. I.e. ScummVM will understand both compression methods.

Eugene
cybersonic

Post by cybersonic »

how can i compress with new version of encode.dxa for a vorbis audio?

for %%i in (*.smk) do encode_dxa.exe %%~ni .\ --vorbis -q 7 --> error
or:
encode_dxa.exe %%~ni .\ --vorbis -m 32 -M 128 -q 7 --> error
or:
encode_dxa.exe --vorbis -m 32 -M 128 -q 7 %%~ni .\ --> error

in a batch, of course.
FeebleFiles1

Post by FeebleFiles1 »

sev wrote:
oduverne wrote:Do you plan to include [ 1504492 ] DXA: New compression scheme for encode_dxa in the next release?
I don't think it will be included. It's too late. From the other hand, people will not have to reencode unless they will really want to save space. I.e. ScummVM will understand both compression methods.

Eugene
Would the files then smaller? that would be great, because you have some advanteges to more games on a DVD for playing the games on every pc you will find.

To Cypersonic:

Use a phrase like this

encode_dxa --vorbis intro
cybersonic

:?

Post by cybersonic »

FeebleFiles1 wrote: To Cybersonic:
encode_dxa --vorbis intro
yeah, by 223 files! :shock: :?
raschi

Post by raschi »

cybersonic:

for %%i in (*.smk) do encode_dxa.exe --vorbis %%~ni

This should work.
FeebleFiles1

Post by FeebleFiles1 »

raschi wrote:cybersonic:

for %%i in (*.smk) do encode_dxa.exe --vorbis %%~ni

This should work.
do you mean that this will work with the CMD of windows? i dont know, but i will try it

edit:

i tryd it, at me only for

Code: Select all

%i in (*.smk) do encode_dxa.exe --vorbis %~ni 
that is working it without problems
cybersonic

Post by cybersonic »

FeebleFiles1 wrote:that is working it without problems
yes!
thanx @all
noize

Post by noize »

I tried the new encoder yesterday, and it saves about 340 MB for the 4CD release over the original dxa encoding scheme.
This is great! And with being 130 MB smaller than the original .smk files, the new encoder beats the commercial smk compression ratio.
The only downside is that, it took more then 12 hours an a P4 Dual Core 2,8 GHz to encode it all.