S60 3rd Edition

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

jupeyl

Post by jupeyl »

Hi Renem,

I've got FOTAQ_Floppy zip from scummvm site, I copied the dir into my memcard in Others directory. I also tried BASS_floppy just to see if it has a problem, and I had the same problem as you.

But the solution was simple, when you unzip the package it created a BASS_Floppy dir, which I copied over to my memcard. Pointing ScummVM to this dir resulted in no game found error, but the zip actually had a directory in it, so I had to go inside this dir and select the dir "sky-floppy" in it for ScummVM to find the game.

BR,
Juha
renem

Post by renem »

Hi jupeyl,

right now the file called "queen.1c" can be found on my memorycard at E:\FOTAQ\ I also tried E:\Others\FOTAQ\ and scummVM still says that there is no game. Any idea? :(

Thank you in advance

René M.
jupeyl

Post by jupeyl »

This is getting too deep for me to help, I'm afraid. Are you certain you installed the no-scumm version of the ScummVM? There are two versions for the s60 3rd edition. I'd expect the scumm only version not to recognize FOTAQ or BASS in this way.

-juha
BeefBurga

Jerky Cursor Movement

Post by BeefBurga »

Currently running Monkey Island 2 on Scummvm on my Nokia N80,

Everything loads fine but when on the game play screen the movement of the cursor is jerky and lags making it difficult to control accurately.

Worked a dream on my Nokia N70.

Can anybody help me with this small problem?

Thanks in advance.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

1. Change audio driver to no sound/music. Dont used any upscaled modes(plain 320x200 should be ok though).
BeefBurga

Post by BeefBurga »

Thank you for your assistance but...............

Seems a shame to have all that lovely hi res screen on the Nokia N80 just to play Monkey Island on a 1/4 of it.

Why would the option to stretch the screen be included if the game will not run smoothly on it.

I can cope with the jerky cursor until you get to the part of the game where you have to be quick and accurate with the cursor to progress.

I've grown up with these adventures and in my opinion they are still one of the front runners in entertainment.

Is anybody else having the same problem?

Did you have the same problem and know a way to fix?

Thanks in advance guys.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well.. there are more than one type of s60v3 device out there, and there are different kind of games. Typically in an adventure game you dont have a lot of action scenes, and there you can have it blown up with out affecting the performance.

But one other thing. I have never seen the cursor problem on the N80 only on the older S60v2 device such as N-gage, 6600 7610 etc, just because they are running very much slower than a N80.

Sure you don't have any other things running in the background? and try to avoid high bitrate oggs since they will take away lots of the cpu time, also OPL emulation will do the same since its using lots of floats for its calculations.
goetz

Post by goetz »

While playing Atlantis (Indy 4) on a Nokia E60, I experienced some cursor (and overall) delays when using the upscaled full screen mode.

The slowdowns did not occur in the whole game, but only in about half of the scenes, the other half running at normal speed. When I got impatient from time to time, I switched back to the non scaled mode for the scene having full speed then.

Anyway, the game was well playable even with this slowdown. :D

No OGG/MP3 game music was activated, but only standard MIDI. There were no other than the standard phone apps in the background when I experienced that and I guess that upscaling takes quite a lot of computation power on these devices, so you have to be patient sometimes. :-(

- Goetz
BeefBurga

Post by BeefBurga »

Thanks for your help guys.

Kind Regards

Beef

"Where did the other pipe come from?"
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

And remember that most games are in 320x200.. so running non upscalced on a 416x352 thats not quite one quarter of the screen.. more like 43,7% of the screen. I could make a limit of the upscaling so its a fixed value or at least a max value.. for say 1.2 or 1.1.. 1.1 would mean it would run in 352x220.. or with 1.2 it would be 384x240.. The higher upscale ratio, the more pixels needs interpolating. and without interpolating it does n't look anything good at all.

And turn of the midi music, actually I think its taking more power than the upscale. Try selecing tandy sound instead as this is much quicker. :-)
kki

Post by kki »

Sorry for asking something as simple as this, but what are the key combinations on E61? Control key + a number? I've tried all sorts of combinations but nothing happens. Well I did get a notification about save states using ctrl and a number.

Thanks.
Ola

problems with e61 and ScummVM

Post by Ola »

Hi, I downloaded scummVM v0.9.0, installed to phone memory and all went OK. I downloaded LucasArts ScummVM collection games and installed one game indiana jones and the last crusade and copied that directory to a folder on my memory card e:\games\indy and then started scummVM and went to add the game and it was found OK.

Then I went to start the game and the phone just goes to black screen and never changes. I can exit from scummVM (although not gracefully) and I am back at e61 main screen.

I can then start ScummVM again, but still there is black screen if I try to run the game.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Also, the screen is flipped so that I have to turn my e61 phone around to play the game... anyway to flip the display, so I am looking at the e61 screen as I normally do when making a text message or using some other feature of the phone?

Many thanks for your possible answers and comments

Br

Ola
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Forum rules violated!

Post by Anotherguest »

Please read the forums rules (Rule #0).

Questions and support for pirated/downloaded games is not allowed.

This thread should now be locked.

And PLEASE ALL read the FORUMS RULES!