How to open the menu in Bass on N73?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

barkotron

Post by barkotron »

Sorry to say I also still have the same problem with the previous versions on the dev page. It's just as if there isn't any mapping for the menu key for some reason. Is there any way for me to check how the mapping is set (is it in a file on the phone perhaps)?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Some games are hardcoded, since different games are using different keys for save/system menu (esc, F5 etc). So it seems like its only BASS affected. Still if the mapping towards BASS has changed (or BASS).. then no mapping will work. Unless you have a keyboard so you can press the correct key.
calavera999

Post by calavera999 »

so we are screwed...?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Right now yes. :-) Have to check the lastest svn code and correct that. But been busy with other stuff lately.
JetNewL

Same problem on E61

Post by JetNewL »

Hi - just to confirm, I have the same problem on my E61. '*' does nothing. '#' opens the console but it is really hard to type since the middle keys type numbers, the rest types letters. I tried to install an older version (0.9.1) but it says "Cert. expired".
nipsen

Post by nipsen »

Hm. I had the same thing on my p1. Until I tried mapping the multi- menu to a letter(m), and then pushed alt, and then m. Seems to work.

btw, "q" and "p" works fine for quit and pause when just clicking on the letter. Perhaps it's something with the buttons if they have more than one function.. (q and p just have other "qwerty" values, and not additional numeric keyboard values)?
JetNewL

Post by JetNewL »

I tried mapping Multi-function and Save to something else, but it does not seem to work (again, BASS, E61). I can successfully change the mapping for some functions, e.g. Quit, but apparently Multi-function or Save does not work regardless of what is it mapped to, without alt or not.
hyoytpyora

Post by hyoytpyora »

Same bug with BASS on E61i
w00d

Post by w00d »

same problem with e50.
everything is ok but 'save' button ('*' not working).
remapping 'save' doesn't work too, remapping 'quit' key is ok. 'skip' - is ok.
debug console is seemed to be useless 'cause, afaik, it allows me to enter nothing but numbers there.
Bengaboy

Post by Bengaboy »

Its the same on my n95 aswell unfortunately... :(
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Try an earlier version of ScummVM since this is broken in the latest version of ScummVM
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I have now found the issue of the keymapping not working properly, so I'm trying to build a 0.11.0.svn release to test
slash213

Post by slash213 »

Now with the latest preview version from Anotherguest's personal page I can access to native BASS's menu by pushing the confirm key (jog-dial).

But there is still no way to call ScummVM overlay menu (the one we can see in Gobliins, for example).
Mashing the confirm button in Kyrandia gives no result at all.
Noelemahc

Post by Noelemahc »

Goblins doesn't support the Scumm overlay menu, AFAIK. It uses its own menu system, much like BASS.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Kryanda way is to select the menubutton. Hmm not sure if it can be mapped anotherway. I guess there is some kind of shortcut to saves at least.