SVN Build updated

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

It should work as escape in non-multitap mode, and as backspace in multitap. For the rest I have to investigate further.. when I have the time.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Problem with ITE and some others is that I had a unicode mapping which was used in a special way in ITE. So 'C' became backspace, not escape. But I have fixed that at least.
Brian!

Post by Brian! »

Anotherguest wrote:Problem with ITE and some others is that I had a unicode mapping which was used in a special way in ITE. So 'C' became backspace, not escape. But I have fixed that at least.
:idea: :D

I'm just very happy to read this! Thank you for (hopefully) finally figure that out! I almost thought I'm just to stupid to use my phone in the right way! :P :oops:

So I once again look eagerly forward for the next build. 8)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

There are now builds up for UIQ3 and S60v3 using the latest SDL code and latest ScummVM (from 2007-03-22 20.00 CET) . That contains keymapping fixes for S60v3 and general timerfixes for Symbian OS, which should be a better timing precision.
Brian!

Post by Brian! »

8) :D 8) :D 8) :D 8) :D 8) :D 8)

Yippee!! All works just fine now, don't know how to enter in Simon the menu but all skipping and so on just works as it should, thank you very much!! :D
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Simon menu = tap the letter on the screen.Dont think quick access exist.
larsan

Post by larsan »

The virtual keyboard is still missing from the uiq3 version, but I guess you already knew that.

Otherwise, keep up the good work!
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Did n't try the UIQ3 version. Missing vitual keyboard? Try tapping down in the lower right.. to enable/disable the virtual keyboard to view more when you are in true 320x240 mode.. The empty square toggles the vkb.
larsan

Post by larsan »

Shame on me. There it is. =)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

And now there is a latest SVN versions available for S60v3 and UIQ3. Also contains first support for Cruise for a corpse. Not tested on a Symbian phone yet though.
larsan

Post by larsan »

Latest svn build 22/5, my experiences below...
This is on a SE P990i

- Can't install through SE application installer, must copy to phone first.

- None of my games work, mostly crashes with "ScummVM Fatal Error - generateFilename: Unsupported genMethod"

- All games show up as: (***/***/Chinese (Taiwan)) and the language defaults to Chinese (Taiwan)

boohoo, I wanted Gobliiins to work... :cry:
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

All sis files are now self-signed (also for UIQ3) and the PC installer might not recognize these properly. The reason for me adding self signing is because the Moto Z8 only support signed SIS files.

Seems like the latest SVN is n't working that good. Please try the "sub" builds.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

As for gooblins, try the 0.9.1 version, I think it should work with that one. Adding all these new Gob games seems to have been breaking the support somewhat.
larsan

Post by larsan »

I'll try the subs, or the older svn.

Cheers, and keep up the good work man, you help me fill those long hours on trains etc. with lots of fun!

Much appreciated.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I just got hold of an OLD A920. And well. Upgraded to A925. And yes it rocks. :-) Really nice to see these old games on rather new small mobile phones. :-)