The Bizarre Adventures Of Woodruff And The Schnibble

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

laffer

Post by laffer »

I'm sorry to bump this thread but I have a related question -

If Sierra games are someday supported by ScummVM - would it be possible to make them display subtitles?

I'm thinking especially about games such as Gabriel Knight 2. It would be really nice having English subtitles in this game, especially for non-native English speakers who don't understand spoken English very well, and for people that are hard of hearing.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

laffer wrote:I'm sorry to bump this thread but I have a related question -

If Sierra games are someday supported by ScummVM - would it be possible to make them display subtitles?

I'm thinking especially about games such as Gabriel Knight 2. It would be really nice having English subtitles in this game, especially for non-native English speakers who don't understand spoken English very well, and for people that are hard of hearing.
If the games themselves didn't have subtitles, someone will need to write and synchronize them and modify the game's scripts to show them, which is a very very very hard task which needs a lot of time and resources
laffer

Post by laffer »

I think there are localized versions of the game that does have subtitles. Could this possibly help?
Also, the English version does have subtitles for everything other than the movies. They need a hack to be enabled, but they're there.

I'd certainly volunteer to write them all down and syncronize them, but I have no programming skills so that's all I could do.
Freddo

Post by Freddo »

laffer wrote:I'm thinking especially about games such as Gabriel Knight 2. It would be really nice having English subtitles in this game, especially for non-native English speakers who don't understand spoken English very well, and for people that are hard of hearing.
I would absolutely love that. I have a rather poor hearing and I've missed a lot of the dialogue from GK2. It's easily my main complaint with that game, no subtitles.
laffer

Post by laffer »

Yes, it is a big flaw. I know a guy who also has a very stressful time playing this game due to poor hearing.

And my own hearing is not top notch anymore either, due to having spent a lot of time around very noisy machinery.

Since the game has subtitles already for everything other than the movies, if there was some way to edit those.. then the full game could have subtitles.

EDIT - I started a new thread about this as it doesn't really belong in here.
muzicrox

PLEASE HELP ME!!

Post by muzicrox »

okay im new at using scummVM and i really really really need a walkthrough to help me play wooddruff i love this game soo much please help i have windows 7 64bit and ive downloaded this [Removed link]
so can someone please write out a simple easy to follow guide on how i can run/play wooddruff on scummvm because i dont understand lol whats a subvisionbuild how do i install it where can i install it and just i only want to play this game please help me thanks.. :D

RULE #0 - Only legitimate originals
clone2727
Retired

Re: PLEASE HELP ME!!

Post by clone2727 »

muzicrox wrote:ive downloaded this
Forum rule 0!