Discworld 2 save problems on android

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Deckard69

Discworld 2 save problems on android

Post by Deckard69 »

:evil: can someone please help me, im pretty new to emulating and imagine my surprise when I got discworld 2 to work on my galaxy s2. Graphics and sound is perfect but when I go into the scummvm menu to save my game, everything else is highlighted except return to launcher and the save option. This is incredibly frustrating as It dosent appear that I can save my game. Any hints or advice would be greatly appreciated. Really want to be able to save this game. Also while were on the subject does anyone know how to get the speech working for discworld 1 again on the same format on my android phone? Thanks.
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

It's (very) poorly documented for Android, but you have to use the keyboard. You bring it up by holding down on the menu touch-button thingy. Then the #s will correspond to the F-keys on a normal keyboard, apparently. So, basically since both Discworld games require you to use the in-game menu to save, you have to:
1). Bring up the keyboard (hold down menu).
2). Switch to the numbers, and enter '1'.
3). Close the keyboard (use the back button). This will bring up the ingame menu.