Cant move when Loading a game

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Lovee236

Cant move when Loading a game

Post by Lovee236 »

Guys, i accidentally pressed a button and now whenever i load a game in simon my character cant move, nothing laggs its just that he stands still.. everything else works
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Cant move when Loading a game

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Lovee236 wrote:Guys, i accidentally pressed a button and now whenever i load a game in simon my character cant move, nothing laggs its just that he stands still.. everything else works
That's pretty vague. I assume that by "simon" you mean Simon the Sorcerer, but there are two of those (not to mention a couple of different versions of each). Do you mean that you get stuck if you load one particular savegame, or is it every savegame? I know you can pause the game with the Pause key, but that stops the sound and the music as well. Is it just walking that doesn't work, or is it all actions?

If it's just one particular savegame, your best bet is probably to file a bug report and attach the offending savegame.
Lovee236

Post by Lovee236 »

Simon the sorcerer 2 to be more precise. Every action is stuck. but the chars next to me are doing their thing and everything is fine. the char is stuck but somehow i got it working. i spammed my keyboard but what could be the problem so i know next time?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Lovee236 wrote:Simon the sorcerer 2 to be more precise. Every action is stuck. but the chars next to me are doing their thing and everything is fine. the char is stuck but somehow i got it working. i spammed my keyboard but what could be the problem so i know next time?
I don't know. I vaguely remember that there are (or used to be?) some bugs (also present in the original game?) that could cause the game to become unresponsive, but that was only for a few seconds before becoming unstuck again so that doesn't sound like what you're describing. Someone else may have a better idea.