Loom sound efects.

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

piau9000

Loom sound efects.

Post by piau9000 »

Hi. I'm asking this here because I'm not sure if it is a problem or the normal behaviour of the game.
In the game, whenever a sound plays (like when you click in the cauldron in the begining), you hear a strange piano sound.
This sound reapeats in other objects like the birds in the docks, the tree with the hole, etc... but with different tunes.
Is this normal or it's a bug?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Loom sound efects.

Post by eriktorbjorn »

piau9000 wrote:In the game, whenever a sound plays (like when you click in the cauldron in the begining), you hear a strange piano sound.
This sound reapeats in other objects like the birds in the docks, the tree with the hole, etc... but with different tunes.
Is this normal or it's a bug?
Do you mean you're hearing more than the (usually) four notes you hear in some places? Because the four notes are normal. Any sound beyond that, probably less so. Which version of the game is this?
piau9000

Post by piau9000 »

CD version. Yes, it's 4 notes that play with some objects. Then it's normal. I thought that it's some sort of audio corruption. Thanks ;)
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

That is actually the whole point of the game.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

All of these sounds have a meaning... you'll figure that out while you're playing :)
piau9000

Post by piau9000 »

I was more used to newer games like Broken Sword and Syberia. That's why I found it a bit strange when a cauldron make a piano sound XD.
Anyway thanks guys. This seems very good. :D
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

piau9000 wrote:I was more used to newer games like Broken Sword and Syberia. That's why I found it a bit strange when a cauldron make a piano sound XD.
Heh. Considering that one of Brian Moriarty's earlier games games, Trinity, takes place in a magical land where the shadow of a gigantic sundial opens doors to the sites of various past and future nuclear explosions, Loom seems pretty straightforward to me. ;)

I'm still trying to make up my mind if Trinity is a brilliant game, or just plain weird. The box art is pretty striking, though.
CaptainJei

Post by CaptainJei »

I never made it through Trinity. I think it IS kind of brilliant, but way too unforgiving. After restarting for the sixth time I lost my will to continue.
piau9000

Post by piau9000 »

I've played Trinity some time ago but it's too cofusing.