Export/convert savegames

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

andy_blah

Export/convert savegames

Post by andy_blah »

This isn't a ScummVM issue per se, so if you mods feel that I posted under the wrong sub-forum, please move it to it's designated place.
I was wondering if it is possible to convert or export ScummVM savegames to the game's native format? (mostly interested in LucasArts/Scumm games)
For example, if I would want to play the game in ScummVM, save at some points, and be able to load those savegames in the same game under DosBox.
clone2727
Retired

Re: Export/convert savegames

Post by clone2727 »

andy_blah wrote:This isn't a ScummVM issue per se, so if you mods feel that I posted under the wrong sub-forum, please move it to it's designated place.
I was wondering if it is possible to convert or export ScummVM savegames to the game's native format? (mostly interested in LucasArts/Scumm games)
For example, if I would want to play the game in ScummVM, save at some points, and be able to load those savegames in the same game under DosBox.
You cannot convert SCUMM saved games. You may be able to use saves from other games, such as Simon the Sorcerer and Pegasus Prime. See the "Converting Savegames" of the README (did you check there first? :)).
andy_blah

Post by andy_blah »

Understood, thanks for pointing that one. I've referred to the readme a few times in the past but I didn't think I would find such info there. My bad. Unfortunately, none of the solutions are of help.