HQ stereo suport to game audio that has been edited?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Windows TV

HQ stereo suport to game audio that has been edited?

Post by Windows TV »

Hi, I have kind of an odd question, its odd because i think im wording it wrong, sorry if the question don't make sense. Anyway, i know how to edit the Audio (Music and Talkies) of the Humongous games, and i was experimenting with the settings and i was able to correctly export a HE music file at 32000Hz and full stereo and the sound header matched its settings. And with this I was wondering if you guys could add support to understand Higher Quality audio the game gives out, I don't know if this can be done through ScummVM or the game itself has to be able to read it. I can provide my example i did but only if you'd like me too. Anyway if there is away, it would be cool to see it happen.

Thanks
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Does it help to change the Output rate on the Audio tab of ScummVM's options dialog? I think the default setting (at least on the desktop version) is 22 kHz, but 44 and 48 should also be available.
Windows TV

Post by Windows TV »

changing the kHz in the Audio tab dose help a lot, neat thing actually ScummVM plays the Higher audio already without the change, i like that! :) now one thing, I think this relates to the game, after about 17 seconds the HQ song fails and ScummVM stops, whats odd is I replaced it with the very last song of Putt-Putt Time and usually when i replace the last file in the HE4 or HE2 ScummVM plays on. Only thing when it has a Higher Quality song it doesn't play on
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

I'm not sure I understand what you are doing. If you're saying that you modified the game data, and ScummVM hangs when you're playing it, I guess you're the only one who's in any position to debug it. If you mean ScummVM hangs when playing from unmodified data files, please file a bug report explaining exactly what you did.
Windows TV

Post by Windows TV »

Yeah I modified the game data, then SVM hangs, sorry, like I said I may have worded that wrong, anyways thank you for your help though I appreciate it, looks like I be doing some debugging. :)