The Dig Opening Sequence

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

DarkSoul

The Dig Opening Sequence

Post by DarkSoul »

The opening sequence in "The Dig" has it's audio out of sync with the intro movie. Is it meant to do that?
Isaac_A_Steiner

Post by Isaac_A_Steiner »

I have the same problem; but the staff told me that my system (Athlon 100, 512 MB) ist just too slow...
try the uncompressed movies. they work better
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Isaac_A_Steiner wrote:I have the same problem; but the staff told me that my system (Athlon 100, 512 MB) ist just too slow...
try the uncompressed movies. they work better
I don't know what the system requirements are, but I just tried running The Dig from the CD, using the AdvMame2x scaler and aspect-ratio correction, on my 450 MHz Pentium 3. In other words, not ideal circumstances, performance-wise. Audio and video seemed perfectly matched to me, and CPU usage for the ScummVM process was under 20% every time I looked.

Of course, there's more to audio/video sync than just CPU speed. If there's a delay between ScummVM asking the operating system to play a sound, and it actually being played, there isn't anything ScummVM can do about it. We've had several reports of audio/video not being in sync on GNU/Linux systems where the answer has turned out to be, in effect, "kill the arts sound daemon."
Isaac_A_Steiner

Post by Isaac_A_Steiner »

Running "The Dig" from CD (i.e uncompressed files) they are 'NSync (lol) on my system.
Just when using compressed ones, there's a slight delay.

Isaac
DarkSoul

Post by DarkSoul »

My brother did do some compression on it for me. So I tried a fresh batch of files straight from the CD, and hay presto, in sync. Oh well, guess he screwed up the compression :S