Full throttle speech

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

krum

Full throttle speech

Post by krum »

I have full throttle on a cd (english) I have scummvm 9.0svm

I recently just used the v0.7 of scummcompress to keep the game on my HD.

the games runs fine and the speech works fine until you get all the parts for your bike (after it wrecks)

the speech still works, but the sync is HORRIBLE, his talking animation as well as everone else's talking animation stays on for like 10 secconds after the speech.

I wouldn't nit pick like this but it slows the dialog cause if he has to say 2 things it will wait for the animation to stop.

if this has been already adressed then please link me to the topic, because I did search for this. thank you.
clem

Re: Full throttle speech

Post by clem »

krum wrote:I have full throttle on a cd (english) I have scummvm 9.0svm

I recently just used the v0.7 of scummcompress to keep the game on my HD.

the games runs fine and the speech works fine until you get all the parts for your bike (after it wrecks)

the speech still works, but the sync is HORRIBLE, his talking animation as well as everone else's talking animation stays on for like 10 secconds after the speech.

I wouldn't nit pick like this but it slows the dialog cause if he has to say 2 things it will wait for the animation to stop.

if this has been already adressed then please link me to the topic, because I did search for this. thank you.
there was a similar problem with sync in DIG just yesterday, you could try playing the uncompressed version (ie copying it over again), or use the 0.9.0 tools (not sure if that makes any difference though - they are in a subdirectory of the installed windows SVN build)

clem
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Full throttle speech

Post by eriktorbjorn »

krum wrote:the speech still works, but the sync is HORRIBLE, his talking animation as well as everone else's talking animation stays on for like 10 secconds after the speech.
Increasing the text speed (can be changed by pressing + or - or by changing the subtitle speed in the game settings dialog) may help, even if playing without subtitles. The behaviour seems a bit strange to me, but that's how it appears to work at the moment.
krum

thanks

Post by krum »

I will try it uncompressed after I restart my comp it's a bit slow at the moment, I will also try the + and -, if I find the problem I will report back.

thanks for the speedy reply.