Windows 7 - Can't get Full Screen for Grim Fandango

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

WholeFnShow

Windows 7 - Can't get Full Screen for Grim Fandango

Post by WholeFnShow »

The game opens and loads fine, but it is playing in a tiny window and I have no idea how to get it full screened.

I do not see the config or the .ini file that I have seen people refer to, so I am not sure what to do. Not sure if I have downloaded the wrong build or what. I just downloaded the win32 version in the downloads section on the main site.

Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

I couldn't get full screen in either the Windows or Ubuntu builds. I have come to the conclusion that full screen hasn't been implemented yet.
cauciuc

Post by cauciuc »

For Windows you must have the "Show hidden files or folders" option ENABLED.. and search for "residual.ini" in "C:\Documents and Settings\(YOUR USERNAME)\Application Data\ResidualVM".

Open residual.ini with worldpad and modify "fullscreen=false" with "fullscreen=true" , now save the file and play in fullscreen ;)
MeddlingMonk

Post by MeddlingMonk »

Same deal of OSX (~/Library/Preferences).

I'd be curious whether Graxer, when he gets ResidualVM to run fullscreen, has any issues with the screen resolution when he exits the program. When running ResidualVM in Fedora, the screen resolution remains 800x600 and I have to manually switch it back to normal. I suspect that is primarily an issue with graphics adapter and driver, although this doesn't happen with ScummVM, Exult, or anything else. But I'm not really sure it counts as a bug, which is why I haven't reported it properly (yet).
somaen
ScummVM Developer

Post by somaen »

There is an old bug in the sf.net-tracker about exactly that, although I've never seen it on OS X.
WholeFnShow

Post by WholeFnShow »

That worked! Thanks cauciuc!
MeddlingMonk

Post by MeddlingMonk »

einarj wrote:There is an old bug in the sf.net-tracker about exactly that, although I've never seen it on OS X.
If you're talking about the screen resolution thing, I've never seen it in OSX either. I was referring to Fedora, which is a Linux distro (just as Ubuntu is). I had missed that bug report. It's the same problem. Not a big one, just an annoyance.
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

MeddlingMonk wrote:Same deal of OSX (~/Library/Preferences).

I'd be curious whether Graxer, when he gets ResidualVM to run fullscreen, has any issues with the screen resolution when he exits the program. When running ResidualVM in Fedora, the screen resolution remains 800x600 and I have to manually switch it back to normal. I suspect that is primarily an issue with graphics adapter and driver, although this doesn't happen with ScummVM, Exult, or anything else. But I'm not really sure it counts as a bug, which is why I haven't reported it properly (yet).
Do you know where the .ini file is stored in the Linux filesystem? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I thought it may have been in ".residual" in my home folder (along with my save games) but apparently not.
ezekiel000

Post by ezekiel000 »

The residual settings file on my system (Ubuntu 11.04) is at:
~/.residualrc
somaen
ScummVM Developer

Post by somaen »

The latter two are correct in the readme.
apennismightier

Post by apennismightier »

I tried searching for the residual.ini on my system. It is NOWHERE to be found. I turned on to show all hidden files and folders.

Where would it be located in Vista?
apennismightier

Post by apennismightier »

NVM found it.