BIG THANK

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

rox271

BIG THANK

Post by rox271 »

I just registered on the forum to send a big thank to the programmer! I could finally play the game again on my PC with far less glitches and bugs than with the original one. I cannot imagine the massive amount of work you dedicated to this task, this is simply amazing.
Thanks and please keep the good work, you're so close to perfection :-)
RetroScurvy

Post by RetroScurvy »

I just noticed that there's a completable build up and before downloading, I also wanted to express my gratitude for your hard work. I've been a Ye olde lucasarts fan/adventure gamer for more than half my life, and I've followed the scummvm project closely. Not everybody gets it just yet, but you're doing important work in the field of video gaming history and screen arts conservation. While I must admit, my faith in this project being completed did wobble, I'm really happy to be proven wrong. So yes, BIG THANK. Rock on.
somaen
ScummVM Developer

Post by somaen »

Just to note that the current build MIGHT not be completable, atleast not on all platforms, for all combinations of settings, as a few changes have been made lately. (This of course holds true of any nightly, as we don't have time to playtest through every change).

But, that is to be expected of a project that is still in development.
nateav

Post by nateav »

Yes! Thank you! I can now play Grim on the latest version of Mac OS X without it crashing constantly under WINE.