My Grim Fandango game stucked... Need a save or a cheat

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Cariboost

My Grim Fandango game stucked... Need a save or a cheat

Post by Cariboost »

Hi,

I am at the end of year 2, just after we saw lola dying. After this I tried to speak to Olivia (even if I didn't know it's useless) and after saying goodbye my game was stuck. I can go to the menu, I can see the people moving around, but I cannot move manny or do anything else with him... I tried to save and load the game but after loading it's still the same... The thing is a forget to save for a looonnng time, like 3 hours (my bad... :3)

So is there a known way to unstuck ?
Or is there a way to retrieve a save at my point or at the beginning of year 3 ? (I can read the inbetween scenario on internet)
Or how can I use the cheats to access beginning of year 3 properly ? I tried Ctrl+g but I don't know what Set to go. I tried Ctrl+J but it doesn't work, it just tell me "Joystick enabled/disabled"...

Pleaase help me I don't have the courage to start over what I did since my last save.

Thanks a lot !
giucam

Post by giucam »

Look at http://wiki.residualvm.org/index.php/Gr ... Debug_Mode

Your best bet to start at year 3 is probably to Ctrl+G-jump to the "lz" set.
But first I would try to jump with "j" (not ctrl+j) to tf, dm, shangai2, hrkitchen or winecellar and see if one of those bring you near to where you ended up.

Anyway, can you post the stuck savegame somewhere?
Cariboost

Post by Cariboost »

Tout à fait : https://www.dropbox.com/s/7vteaj8vj4im1c7/grim08.gsv

I would be interested to know if you can do something with it...
Cariboost

Post by Cariboost »

I tried the jumps it's all jumping me too soon, and it give some issue on the items... I will take the ctrl+g Year3 solution, but is there a way to see the cinematics I missed ? And won't I have any bugs with this solution ? Since it's almost just a change of background display...

Or by any chance, anyone has a save at the beginning of year 3 ?

And btw, thanks for your help and your work with ResidualVM
giucam

Post by giucam »

You can see the year change cinematic by entering "cut_scene:byeruba()" in the ctrl+e dialog.

jumping to the start of a year works ok, as you don't need any object.
giucam

Post by giucam »

I looked at your savegame and you can un-stuck it by entering "END_CUT_SCENE()" in the ctrl+e dialog. I'd like to understand how it got stuck in the first place, though...
Cariboost

Post by Cariboost »

Haha so I manage to stuck ANOTHER save ! This time is totally different : I started playing on an Intel Macbook Air. I used Ctrl+G to jump to year 3 as you told me !

I was under water, and during discussion I pressed Alt enter to quit full screen because it's the only way I found to go back to desktop. And the game stucked at this moment.

Is there away to see desktop on mac without quitting fullscreen ? CMD tab doesn't work...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e7qnqpdfsvzmyxj/grim04.gsv if you want to take a look. But it's not a problem this time, I have a save not so long before.

I'm unlucky T_T

And thanks for your help, I manage to go to year3, and see the cinematic and all.