EMI - Mac OS X

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

AFG84

EMI - Mac OS X

Post by AFG84 »

Hi

I did post in here earlier in the year, which was an issue with my fullmonkeymap1 and fullmonkeymap2 files, but that was fixed. I ended up playing through the game and completing it. It was very nostalgic for me, I really enjoyed it. Thank you to those who put their time into developing this program, its really appreciated. Never thought I'd play EMI again due to how much modern computers hate the game.

I only encountered one real issue when playing the game. This was that no music would play for the second disk portion of the game (Jambalaya Island through to the end). Voice overs, subtitles, animations etc. were all still fine, everything else seemed to function normally and I got through it no troubles, just there was no music (and music was working for the disk 1 portion of the game). I am pretty sure it was fine during cutscenes, but just during normal gameplay it wasn't present (can't completely remember though).

This issue hasn't ever been reported on github, so my guess would be that it would be something on my end, due to my compilation of files from the cd's (I'm a fair noob with this sort of thing). I am using mac os x, with the original english cd's. Could anyone provide any insight?

Thanks

EDIT: Fixed