DOTT problem... Please help!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

louisoquinn

DOTT problem... Please help!

Post by louisoquinn »

Thanks for reading... I just want to see if anyone else is getting this problem.

I was playing DOTT with a big grin on my face, until I washed the old dirty chariot-cart thingie in the past with Hoagie. He starts washing it with the sudsy water and the game just freezes my PSP.

This, ladies and gents, makes me cry.

Please help me out! Thanks guys...
Last edited by louisoquinn on Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

Which version of ScummVM, which version of DOTT (CD/Floppy, Language) and which version firmware is your PSP?
louisoquinn

Post by louisoquinn »

I'm using the newest version of ScummVM for PSP (v0.9.0), CD version of DOTT (English), and 1.5 firmware respectively.

1.5 fw owns :D.

I'm so happy I can play DOTT now, but this problem is driving me nuts :(. I tried progressing the game a bit before I attempted to wash the cart, but that still didn't help.

Thanks for the reply, joostp... Hope someone can help. It MIGHT be my version of DOTT, but I doubt it...
Last edited by louisoquinn on Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

Hmm, strange. The CD version of DOTT was tested for the 0.9.0 release, but not on PSP though.

What exactly happens? Do both the screen and audio freeze? Does the PSP shut itself off after a couple of seconds?

Also, can you give me a nearby savegame so I can try and reproduce it?
louisoquinn

Post by louisoquinn »

First of all, thank you very much for your interest in the matter.

Secondly, the PSP freezes up entirely; audio and visuals stop (obviously :P), after which it causes the system to power off (a situation I'm more that familiar with, unfortunately... making your PSP do things it's not supposed to commonly has that effect).

The save I certainly do have... right at the exact spot, in fact. How to get it to you is another thing altogether; I don't have a way to host it or anything like that.

Can I email it to you?

Let me know what you need me to do... I'll do anything to get this working :D.

Thanks again.
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

E-Mail is fine, you can find my address in the README.PSP file, which should be included in the archive.
louisoquinn

Post by louisoquinn »

Cool beans. Check your email :).
louisoquinn

Post by louisoquinn »

A little update...

I tried using the floppy version of the game, and modified my save game of the cd version to be recognizable.

And it froze up again, just the same as it did with the CD version.

So it's obviously not an isolated issue.

I guess you probably got the same problem if you tried it out with the save game I provided you.

So I guess this is one for the bug list... which makes me more sad that ever. :(

As always, I appreciate any info.

EDIT - I took my save game and used it in the computer version of ScummVM, got past the cutscene, saved, and put it back on my PSP. A little roundabout, but it worked :D!

Still, I hope this can be fixed for future releases.

If anyone else is getting the same issue, then do the same thing I did.
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

If it also happens with the floppy version then I guess it's a genuine bug and should indeed be reported on the tracker.

If/when you file a bugreport there, please attach the relevant savegame to it.

thanks!
gottenx

Post by gottenx »

Select the action, and right after, press L button. It will skip the tiny FMV that follows and you'll be able to get pass it.
PhanZero

Post by PhanZero »

I have nearly the same problem, but first some specs: I'm using ScummVM for PSP v0.9.0 and the Floppy-Version of DOTT (English) on a PSP FW 1.5.

Problem is: I can play the whole game, until the moment, I want to go with Laverne to the judges. When I go there, the game freezes and the PSP is turning off after a while. I've played this version of the game to the end on the PC, so it's not corrupted or such. I can not test it with the CD-Version, because I'm still using the original 32MEG Memstick for my PSP...
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »