Does not recognize Curse

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Hazekel

Does not recognize Curse

Post by Hazekel »

I installed Curse of Monkey Island and it runs decent without SCummvm except that the sound flakes out every now and again, so I tried Scummvm and it does not recognize the game when I show it the correct directory, but your site shows it to be compatible. I am using 0.9.0 and Windows XP.
Hazekel

Post by Hazekel »

To partially answer my own question, I found that reading directly off the CD rather than the install directory makes Scummvm recognize the game but it plays far to stuttery off CD. I am going to try to install the game completely to hard drive, and will let you know.
Hazekel

Post by Hazekel »

Latest update. Cannot find a way to install completely to hard drive so I still left with the same propblem. SCUMMVM will not recognize the game file in the CURSE folder and plays too slowly off CD. Please help.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Hazekel wrote:Latest update. Cannot find a way to install completely to hard drive so I still left with the same propblem. SCUMMVM will not recognize the game file in the CURSE folder and plays too slowly off CD. Please help.
Have you tried doing as the ScummVM README file suggests, i.e. simply copy the necessary files from your CDs to your hard disk?
For this game, you'll need the comi.la0, comi.la1 and comi.la2 files. The comi.la0 file can be found on either CD, but since they are identical it doesn't matter which one of them you use.

In addition, you'll need a resource subdirectory with all of the files from the resource subdirectories on both CDs. Some of the files appear on both CDs, but again they're identical.