Space Quest IV

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

The DOK

Space Quest IV

Post by The DOK »

I remember seeing somewhere that SCUMMVM can support certain old Sierra games. Besides The DIG, This is an old favorite of mine and i'm wondering if anyone could try to get this to work.

"If it's impossible tell me so i can find a different way of doing it" - me (Andrew Hendrix)
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

There is a big, sticky post "READ BEFORE POSTING" which refers to Search, FAQ and bunch of other useful resources.

Eugene
fac

Re: Space Quest IV

Post by fac »

The DOK wrote: "If it's impossible tell me so i can find a different way of doing it" - me (Andrew Hendrix)
Use DOSbox.
Kaminari

Post by Kaminari »

The DOK wrote:I remember seeing somewhere that SCUMMVM can support certain old Sierra games.
Since The Dok doesn't read the doc (couldn't resist), I'll make it easy for him. ScummVM supports the old Sierra games built on the AGI engine. Space Quest 4 is a "new" Sierra game using the enhanced SCI engine, which is not supported by ScummVM.
The DOK

Post by The DOK »

Kaminari wrote:
The DOK wrote:I remember seeing somewhere that SCUMMVM can support certain old Sierra games.
Since The Dok doesn't read the doc (couldn't resist), I'll make it easy for him. ScummVM supports the old Sierra games built on the AGI engine. Space Quest 4 is a "new" Sierra game using the enhanced SCI engine, which is not supported by ScummVM.
thanks!
i read it once but only skimmed it and then couldn't remember where it was

oh and will dos box work for palm os? :-D

i'll try it and get back to you

oh and i did read the read before post
the only thing i didn't do is search...
i think
Adventureguy

Post by Adventureguy »

The DOK wrote:oh and will dos box work for palm os? :-D
Well, I don't think that DOSBox is fast enough for PalmOS. I tried it with my own PDA and only very old games do run properly. Any "newer" games like SQ4 may run too slow to be enjoyable while playing. Howerver, you can search for a PalmOS port of DOSBox if you find one and could try it, though I expect your games will run REAL slow.
dreamkin

Post by dreamkin »

You can expect good performance from Dosbox providing you run it on a native x86 machine. (almost any Intel processor would do) On other hardware dosbox seems to have problems...