Ween

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Collector

Ween

Post by Collector »

Since Gobliins 2 support seems to be coming along nicely, I decided to try Ween. It of course is identified as Gobliins 2, but does very well in the latest subversion until near the end. It looks like it will be a near freebie for the addition of Gobliins 2.

In the 2nd to last scene, the game locks up every time you try to access the inventory. I was unable to make it crash until this point. I would like to submit a bug report, but I saw no listing in the tracker for Ween. Are you going to take bug reports for Ween anytime soon?
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

Well, yes, relatively soon, but I'd like to have the most grave Gobliins 2 bugs sorted out at first. Also, wide surfaces support is still missing as well, noticeable in the intro.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

*Warning: post might contain game spoilers for Ween*

I've played Ween (disk version) and I got the first 2 grains. Everything seems to be working fine, apart from some parts of the introduction, as drmccoy said, and some parts of the music scores, which sound weird. I'm now in the labyrinth part, and I'm stuck at the second door (got no hint on what to do).

Great work overall, almost everything works in Ween! 8) The things that don't work are not that bad anyway (well, apart from some parts of the intro)
exofreeze
Banned

Post by exofreeze »

Gob 3 loaded as gob2 as well for me, but I tried it anyways and got a nice locked up machine for my troubles. lol

No more of that.
WNivek

Post by WNivek »

I currently don't have access to it, but the US release of Ween (entitled simply The Prophecy) has a significantly different title-screen from the european release, and lacks the color-code copy protection which Coktel Vision seems so fond of.

Anyone know if ScummVM knows how to properly handle the US version?
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

WNivek wrote:Anyone know if ScummVM knows how to properly handle the US version?
No, since dev don't have a copy, neither md5 was submitted. But I suppose that it will run right away once md5 is added.

Eugene
WNivek

Post by WNivek »

There appears to be one copy of The Prophecy available through Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00070BLGA/

$89.95 US is significantly higher than I'd be comfortable paying, but it appears to be the US release, so perhaps someone with their hands in the Gob engine would want to take a look.