FM Towns Loom -- Graphic issues

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Shanks

FM Towns Loom -- Graphic issues

Post by Shanks »

I just installed Loom (FM Towns version) and for some reason the graphics are squished up into the top 3/4 of the screen. I've toyed with the graphic settings, but so far nothing has worked. Has anybody else experienced this issue?

BTW, I also installed the PC CD-Rom version for comparison, and it did not have this problem. The graphics filled the screen in the default graphics mode, as expected.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: FM Towns Loom -- Graphic issues

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Shanks wrote:I just installed Loom (FM Towns version) and for some reason the graphics are squished up into the top 3/4 of the screen. I've toyed with the graphic settings, but so far nothing has worked. Has anybody else experienced this issue?

BTW, I also installed the PC CD-Rom version for comparison, and it did not have this problem. The graphics filled the screen in the default graphics mode, as expected.
I only have the PC versions of Loom, but I believe ScummVM assumes that the FM Towns version uses 320x240 pixels, while the PC version definitely uses 320x200 pixels. If the FM Towns version usually (always?) only draws to the upper 200 pixels, that would probably produce the effect you describe.
Shanks

Post by Shanks »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
Shanks wrote:I just installed Loom (FM Towns version) and for some reason the graphics are squished up into the top 3/4 of the screen. I've toyed with the graphic settings, but so far nothing has worked. Has anybody else experienced this issue?

I only have the PC versions of Loom, but I believe ScummVM assumes that the FM Towns version uses 320x240 pixels, while the PC version definitely uses 320x200 pixels. If the FM Towns version usually (always?) only draws to the upper 200 pixels, that would probably produce the effect you describe.
Actually that may be the case. Is there anything I can do about it?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Shanks wrote: Actually that may be the case. Is there anything I can do about it?
Not if the game actually uses that extra screen area. I have no way of finding that out, though.